Eddie Bauer Down jacket for 50$ (camo/atlantic colorways)

I have one. Bought it on Amazon last year for $54. Since then they are on there for about $70. So $50 is a great deal. Nice medium warm puffy later that goes on every hunt. I sleep in it when it drops below my bag comfort zone.

Y’all might take a look at the Evertherm down as well. I recently purchased that one and I’ve been beyond shocked by its performance. For as light and thin as it is, it’s one of the warmest jackets I own when comparing weight/bulk to warmth ratio. It’s warmer than my Arc’Teryx Atom LT jacket without question.
I just ordered another Evertherm and a hooded stretch microtherm.

Yeah the hooded one in rescue orange is better quality down too. But $50 more. This would be sweet for hunting.
3bd1ba4a9af74eb01ee968bf9d56b214.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gutshotem

WKR
Anyone try the microtherm? The sales associate in store told me this was the warmest they had.

Gutshotem

WKR
Maybe the Evertherm, but definitely not the Microtherm

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah, he def told me the microtherm because I tried it on and have been trying to keep an eye on it. I'm looking for something to layer under a goretex shell. I already have the downlight but looking for something warmer.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have the Micro and the Downlight. The Micro is not anywhere near as warm. I have no experience with the Evertherm.

The EB sight indicates the Microtherm is not as warm as the Downlight. Apparently the Evertherm is equal to the Downlight.

Billinsd

WKR
I have a microtherm 2.0 and it's their lightest and least warm down jacket as far as I know. It's good quality and 800 down.

Gutshotem

WKR
I have the Micro and the Downlight. The Micro is not anywhere near as warm. I have no experience with the Evertherm.

The EB sight indicates the Microtherm is not as warm as the Downlight. Apparently the Evertherm is equal to the Downlight.

I'm sorry, my mistake, I have the cirruslite that was posted by the OP. Either way, the sales associate told me that the microtherm was the warmest of what they carried so he was obviously wrong. Do you think the downlight would do well as a mid layer under a shell or is it too bulky? I did like the fit of the microtherm, and it really isn't very bulky at all.

I'm sorry, my mistake, I have the cirruslite that was posted by the OP. Either way, the sales associate told me that the microtherm was the warmest of what they carried so he was obviously wrong. Do you think the downlight would do well as a mid layer under a shell or is it too bulky? I did like the fit of the microtherm, and it really isn't very bulky at all.

As I posted above, take a look at the Evertherm. It is unbelievably warm. Very thin. Soft. Not binding in any way. Wind proof beyond belief. I’m still shocked by how much it does for how light it is.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The downlight does great under a hardshell /rain jacket as long as you size accordingly. I only go that route when it's very cold or windy. Single digits or high winds and the shell goes on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk