Eberlestock Nosegunner Bino Harness review...

Hey guys, just got the bino harness, I will give it the run down as I use it more so stay posted...

Initial impressions: Well. the photos on line made this thing look much smaller and sleeker than it is. Compared the FHF it is huge... its even bigger than the badlands and Sitka. (you kuiu guys would die.) The design looks nice, but way over built for my liking, the gun holder part is pretty small, and would likely get the knife if I keep it. The straps are padded nicely, but they are thick and have a spongy material between them... I am interested to see what it feels like with the pack on.

Overall so far, I like the way it opens, has no necessary zippers and is a quiet material.

I was looking for...
quiet, open the other direction, sleek, secure, full coverage.... I got everything but sleek, I am afraid this thing is going to be way way too big for my liking. I will take some pics this evening since the ones on the website are quite deceiving.

Joe

Rucker61

WKR
I looked one over at Sportsmans. I thought that the pistol holster was small, and that the two zippered pockets on either side weren't very useful at all due to their size and shape. I picked up a compact AGC here that I'll be much happier with.

OP
S
I will play with it more... but I really hoped this was the "one"... I can tell already that its not. I want the FHF to open forward and be way more quiet.

Joe

OP
S
few more things...
CONS:
1) the pockets on the side are too small to put anything in. They look big on the pics... they are useless for anything bigger than a diagram call
2) The straps are too thick and wide and interfere with where my pack sits... and i think it would make my back sweat like crazy.
3) it rides extremely low... like belly button low and i couldnt really get it to fit comfortably any higher without the back bunching up.
4) Did I mention its enormous?
5) You have to wiggle the top to get it to fit shut correctly... minor but annoying.
6) pistol thing is kinda gimmicky.

PROS:
1) Lid opens big and the correct way
2) nice pocket on inside
3) closes securely
4) fully enclosed for great protection

Some people like great big AK creations type cases, and may love this one. I am torn, I know I haven't taken it outside, but as much as i would like to give it a full review, i know i am not going to like it... so i dont want to take the tags off. To me, it is like most things Eberle....... Great ideas, good concept, failed in production.

I guess I am too picky... but I use my bino case and binos more than all other pieces of equipment combined, and I can't find a perfect one for me.

Joe

mt100gr.

WKR
I looked at the Nosegunner, briefly. Thought the pistol holster may be neat but could see it would not work for me.

I have mentioned it before on here, and maybe you have tried it, but I have had really good luck with my Hornhunter Bino-hub. It closes up tight, functional pockets (though small), keeps my rangefinder secure and handy, and the straps are comfortable under a pack.

Not hijacking, just throwing it out there. Can't say I blame you for wanting to leave the tags on it, but I am hoping for a comprehensive review of the Eberlestock at some point.....doesn't look like it will be coming from you:)

I like the way the fhf bino holder opens. The only change I may do is order the hill people gear kitbag harness for it if it's comparable. The fhf one is fine but I think the hpg one is might be a little better

OP
S
I really like my FHF, I always wished it opened the other way so it would be out of the way to put the binos back in... i never tether them to the harness unless i am crawling or something so it would be nice. But that said, i am so used to it, its not a big deal any more.

My other FHF complaint was noise... After using it for about 3 years it is getting really soft and much more quiet than when brand new.

I have now tried crooked horn, badlands, sitka, s4, fhf, kuiu twice, eberlestock..... I may try to look at the hornhunter and/or hpg ones as well. Like i said, i feel like these are as important as any piece of equipment as they protect a huge investment and get used more than any other piece of gear... yet i cant find a perfect one for ME... maybe kifaru will make one for me HINT HINT hahaha

JOe

2ski

WKR
I really like my FHF, I always wished it opened the other way so it would be out of the way to put the binos back in... i never tether them to the harness unless i am crawling or something so it would be nice. But that said, i am so used to it, its not a big deal any more.

My other FHF complaint was noise... After using it for about 3 years it is getting really soft and much more quiet than when brand new.

I have now tried crooked horn, badlands, sitka, s4, fhf, kuiu twice, eberlestock..... I may try to look at the hornhunter and/or hpg ones as well. Like i said, i feel like these are as important as any piece of equipment as they protect a huge investment and get used more than any other piece of gear... yet i cant find a perfect one for ME... maybe kifaru will make one for me HINT HINT hahaha

JOe

I'll be in Great Falls next weekend so if you want to check out a Kit Bag, I can bring mine to town. HPG makes the for conceal carry. Pyro must be talking about trying to use one of them for binos instead. I don't think it would fit binos and a gun.

I meant just the harness part and using the fhf bino holder but it turns out the won't sell just the harness spectate from the kitbag.

mcr-85

WKR
It was way to bulky for me. I sold mine. I carried a Walther .22 pistol in mine a couple days and it would fall out if you bent over to pick something up. I went with a Kuiu and like it quite a bit better.

OP
S
I'll be in Great Falls next weekend so if you want to check out a Kit Bag, I can bring mine to town. HPG makes the for conceal carry. Pyro must be talking about trying to use one of them for binos instead. I don't think it would fit binos and a gun.

thanks, I am actually not interested in carrying my gun there... I think i like the least amount on my chest without sacrificing too much. I am sticking with FHF now. thanks a bunch though. I will actually be in bozeman next weekend hahah.

Joe

Joe

I gave the Kuiu a shot for this year and do really like it so far but if you use your binos on a tripod it can get to be a pain. I would call and talk to them as well to not only make sure of the proper size for your binos but you can also customize it as well. My dad has the original bino case but had a wind check pocke added. He did not want the extra bottom zipper pouch or the call pouch. They were more then happy to oblige. They actually sent him 3. The original, his custom one and the upgraded PRO. Told him to send back the 2 he didn't want. Great company.