Easton Sonic 6.0

OP
D
Anyone have success/failure updates on these arrows?

I'm coming out of hunting season and I'm kinda done with 5mm because of all the extra components to make the front end stronger

I'm coming out of hunting season and I'm kinda done with 5mm because of all the extra components to make the front end stronger
Our group has had good luck with the arrows. Out of the three of us we all shoot the Sonic 6 arrows. They've held up well and we've taken 14 deer so far this season with them. Nothing added to increase weight or anything. We just wrap, fletch and use the inserts Easton sends with them. I have the heaviest arrows out of the group at 405 grains and have yet to run into penetration or durability issues.

I'd recommend them.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider

Bouncing between keeping the 6.5s or dropping down to the 6s.

Just not much data on the 6s.

The challenge I've found with the 6mm's is the limited amount of components available. They are out there, but not as many options.

b6d0eb26e2a30859b5fc63ae9e3cf4e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I kind of laugh at this because I almost always get a pass through, and sometimes I wish the arrow would hang up in the animal and keep cutting while they're running. I took my father in law and he had an arrow stay inside and the slick trick on the end liquefied the entire offside lung as the deer was running. I always get 2 holes, and that means the damage done ends when the broadhead leaves the cavity.

OP
D
The challenge I've found with the 6mm's is the limited amount of components available. They are out there, but not as many options.

What sort of components are you looking for? Collars? Brass weights? Wraps? Nocks? Nock bushings?

OP
D
Bouncing between keeping the 6.5s or dropping down to the 6s.

Just not much data on the 6s.

I jumped into them with 2 feet. I went with the BE Spartans though. I feel like FOC does play a lot in the strength of an arrow. I'm very happy with my current arrow weight of 550g at 284fps.

Reason i went with the spartans is because my FOC is 12% and i feel that if I jumped to 14% using the easton sonics it will probably cause a lot more flex than I'm sure the arrow can handle and still maintain accuracy. I may however end up with a dozen sonics at some point for shooting TAC and 3d Events, because with 100g heads I'm in the 475g arrow weight which puts me about 310 fps

For the record I don't see the need to get 2% more FOC I've killed LOTS of deer with 10% FOC and I haven't seen a marked difference in performance.

TheTone

WKR
I jumped into them with 2 feet. I went with the BE Spartans though. I feel like FOC does play a lot in the strength of an arrow. I'm very happy with my current arrow weight of 550g at 284fps.

Reason i went with the spartans is because my FOC is 12% and i feel that if I jumped to 14% using the easton sonics it will probably cause a lot more flex than I'm sure the arrow can handle and still maintain accuracy. I may however end up with a dozen sonics at some point for shooting TAC and 3d Events, because with 100g heads I'm in the 475g arrow weight which puts me about 310 fps

For the record I don't see the need to get 2% more FOC I've killed LOTS of deer with 10% FOC and I haven't seen a marked difference in performance.
Shooting Spartans myself; I really wish the sonics and spartans were the same size and shared components

Matt G.

WKR
I am thinking of going this way as well. I really like the easton axis but don't like the gpi and to get a higher foc the arrow is at 520 gains. Plus the cost of the arrow is decent vs going to airstrike or the rip tko.
I generally go through at least 2 dozen arrow a year.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk