Easton axis 4mm spine help

OP
T

Tyc

FNG
I assume you're now getting bulletholes through paper, which is a good start, but it's not the ultimate goal. For a hunter, broadheads hitting with field points is the ultimate goal of tuning. Bareshaft tuning is a good next step after paper tuning, but it isn't entirely necessary. You could jump straight to broadhead tuning.

Without a bow press, adjusting rest windage is your only option for tuning in the horizontal direction. I have no qualms about moving my rest up to 1/4" inside/outside of 13/16" centershot. If I needed to go beyond 1/4", I would adjust the yokes again.
Ok so should i just skip bare shaft tuning and just go straight into broadhead tuning?

Ok so should i just skip bare shaft tuning and just go straight into broadhead tuning?
IMO broadhead tuning is mandatory for a hunter; paper tuning and bareshaft tuning are optional preliminary steps. Paper tuning is convenient because it can be done at very close range. Bareshaft tuning saves wear on targets (compared to broadhead tuning). But you actually hunt with a fletched, broadhead-tipped shaft, and your final tuning step should be done with the exact arrows you'll be hunting with.

I personally start with paper tuning to get in the ballpark, then refine with bareshaft tuning, and finalize with broadhead tuning. But even if I skipped paper and bareshaft altogether and tuned only with broadheads, my bow settings would end up in the exact same place.