Easiest rifle to swap youth stock onto

topher89

WKR
I am thinking about a light caliber rifle (243 or 6.5 creed) for myself but also as a future rifle for my son.

I am thinking about buying a compact rifle and then putting a full size stock on it. Then, swap the youth stock on when my son is ready to hunt (years away).

Bring on your thoughts!

JCMCUBIC

WKR
700 and 700 footprint actions are a good option just because of the number of stocks available.

One thing to consider is an MDT LSS chassis. No need to switch stocks...just extend the stock. I ended up doing this with one my kids and I use.

whatever will go into a chassis with threaded butt for carbine buffer tube and magpul ctr butt stock, fit anyone instantly with press of a button, your kid can kill a deer at 355 yards and you can grab the gun and double up on second one at 420 yards no prob, ask me how I know? ;)
IMG_1912.png

look hard at the 6mm creed and 108 eld-m, https://ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/specSheets/26948.html
lighter recoil, more chance of watching it happen in scope, zero at 250 instead of 200 like the 6.5, give you 295 yard mpbr and a 0-600 yard laser that would be future proofed for a couple generations minimum, mdt for the chassis and you'd be up and running in no time, tikka would be nice but they take forever to chamber things so who knows how long you'd wait for the 6mm creed

OP
T

topher89

WKR
whatever will go into a chassis with threaded butt for carbine buffer tube and magpul ctr butt stock, fit anyone instantly with press of a button, your kid can kill a deer at 355 yards and you can grab the gun and double up on second one at 420 yards no prob, ask me how I know? ;)
View attachment 489909

look hard at the 6mm creed and 108 eld-m, https://ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/specSheets/26948.html
lighter recoil, more chance of watching it happen in scope, zero at 250 instead of 200 like the 6.5, give you 295 yard mpbr and a 0-600 yard laser that would be future proofed for a couple generations minimum, mdt for the chassis and you'd be up and running in no time, tikka would be nice but they take forever to chamber things so who knows how long you'd wait for the 6mm creed
6mm Creed is definitely interesting to me.... just wish more rifles where chambered for it

6mm Creed is definitely interesting to me.... just wish more rifles where chambered for it
they will be coming, so if you have time, just wait for them, 6 ARC would be a beauty also with the 108's but again...gotta be patient, the 6.5 creedmoor and grendels have way more options but the 6's will be coming and staying, the ruger 6 creed/chassis you can do it now and they will shoot tight, just not tikka level quality/feel/finish, ruger more working mans instead of the foremans class rifle ;)

rookhawk

FNG
I am thinking about a light caliber rifle (243 or 6.5 creed) for myself but also as a future rifle for my son.

I am thinking about buying a compact rifle and then putting a full size stock on it. Then, swap the youth stock on when my son is ready to hunt (years away).

Bring on your thoughts!

Easier to just get swappable quick detach recoil pads fit up. Check out NECG pads. Buy a 5/8 pad and a 1-1/4” pad. Get them fitted, as the kid grows, you just swap the pads.