Early Season Archery - AZ Unit 27

Hey all, going to try my hand at the early season OTC archery tag for mule deer in Arizona unit 27. I've heard plenty of good things about the Unit and have done plenty of e-scouting, but still trying to figure out what areas may be good for this early season hunt. Anyone got any good areas to try for velvet muleys?

Not afraid to get out of the truck and put in the miles, just trying to figure out a good starting point. Any info / advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Luke

bohntr

WKR
It’s only open in August (mule deer) and about to close already because of the threshold…..almost all of them spikes/forkies from the road. Next year there will be a limit on the NR’s allowed as well, so make sure you check the Regs before your planned hunt.

OP
B
It’s only open in August (mule deer) and about to close already because of the threshold…..almost all of them spikes/forkies from the road. Next year there will be a limit on the NR’s allowed as well, so make sure you check the Regs before your planned hunt.
Thanks for the info! Yeah I’m currently hunting the august season a little more south than unit 27, and figured I’d give it a shot for this upcoming weekend while the season is still open. Just didn’t quite know what areas to start looking in.

Doesn’t hurt to get out and at least explore some new country and find some new spots!

bohntr

WKR
Unit 1 and 27 went back to archery OTC with ALL OTC units in the state having a threshold of deer that can be harvested. When threshold is met, the unit is closed.