Early Rifle Colorado Unit 17

I drew early rifle for unit 17 (Sept 29-Oct 7). I'm just curious what my expectations for the unit should be? It's not a coveted tag by any means. It was just what lines up with my availability to hunt. Any thoughts or tips? Thanks.

jmcharney

FNG
I drew early rifle for unit 17 (Sept 29-Oct 7). I'm just curious what my expectations for the unit should be? It's not a coveted tag by any means. It was just what lines up with my availability to hunt. Any thoughts or tips? Thanks.
How did this hunt end up for you? These dates work out well for myself and I am looking for somewhere that isn't going to require points. I do have a point for Wyoming but deciding if I want to hold off heading back there or not.

Thanks!

ibchez

FNG
I curious how your hunt went as well. I am looking seriously at those CO early rifle hunts. I am little concerned about other hiking rec traffic.

OP
F
I curious how your hunt went as well. I am looking seriously at those CO early rifle hunts. I am little concerned about other hiking rec traffic.
It wasn't a good experience for me. It overlaps OTC archery elk and deer, and rifle bear. I didn't get a camp site until the 3rd day. There were people hiking and looking at the fall colors nearly everyday. Moose season also started and there was a lot of traffic of hunters and helpers chasing moose. Even at over 11,000' I still had hikers come through. I came home empty handed and will be choosing a later hunt next time.