E-form 4 Help

Afhunter1

WKR
So I bought a pair of suppressors off a dealer and had them sent to my dealer. My dealer has a silencer shop kiosk but has not done a e form 4 yet. I have my silencer shop account complete with all my info and I have made a e forms acct as well using the same email address. I will be using a trust that has my other 3 suppressors in. Can somebody tell me the steps I need to get this submitted in the next few days?

Obviously I need to buy a tax stamp but don’t know the steps to get there.

Thanks!

You will need to upload your trust to your Silencer Shop account. Have you used the kiosk to do your fingerprints and photo? If not, you need to go to the kiosk and do that. I assume you are the only responsible person on your trust. If not, then everyone who is a RP will have to create their own Silencer Shop account and use the kiosk for fingerprints and photos, but only you need the eForms account. Then go onto Silencer Shop and purchase a "Tax Stamp". That will sit in your account until you submit your form.

After that, when your dealer has the suppressors, they will have to enter them into the Silencer Shop system to kick off the process. At that point, SS will digitally create the form that will come to you for review and signature via Docusign. Once that is done and SS reviews that everything is done correctly, you and your dealer will get notification that you need to certify. This is where some are running into issues, because what needs to happen then is that you both need to go into your SS accounts. Your dealer will start a sharing session, which you will be able to join via your account. This starts an online collaboration session. The dealer will go into their eForms account and you will then have to input your username and pin to submit. They cannot do it for you (which is what some were doing and which prompted the ATF to send out the email to all of the eforms account holders). Once you do that, the form is submitted and you begin your wait. The issues I spoke of earlier is that the sharing session has a tendency to lock up and the ATF website is often overloaded which causes issues. Some have issues just kicking the session off.

My process went very smoothly and it was less than 3 weeks between when I bought the can at my dealer and when the form was submitted and that includes the time it took to Form 3 the suppressor to my dealer from the distributor. I am currently at 23 days in, so we will see how long it takes.

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
You will need to upload your trust to your Silencer Shop account. Have you used the kiosk to do your fingerprints and photo? If not, you need to go to the kiosk and do that. I assume you are the only responsible person on your trust. If not, then everyone who is a RP will have to create their own Silencer Shop account and use the kiosk for fingerprints and photos, but only you need the eForms account. Then go onto Silencer Shop and purchase a "Tax Stamp". That will sit in your account until you submit your form.

After that, when your dealer has the suppressors, they will have to enter them into the Silencer Shop system to kick off the process. At that point, SS will digitally create the form that will come to you for review and signature via Docusign. Once that is done and SS reviews that everything is done correctly, you and your dealer will get notification that you need to certify. This is where some are running into issues, because what needs to happen then is that you both need to go into your SS accounts. Your dealer will start a sharing session, which you will be able to join via your account. This starts an online collaboration session. The dealer will go into their eForms account and you will then have to input your username and pin to submit. They cannot do it for you (which is what some were doing and which prompted the ATF to send out the email to all of the eforms account holders). Once you do that, the form is submitted and you begin your wait. The issues I spoke of earlier is that the sharing session has a tendency to lock up and the ATF website is often overloaded which causes issues. Some have issues just kicking the session off.

My process went very smoothly and it was less than 3 weeks between when I bought the can at my dealer and when the form was submitted and that includes the time it took to Form 3 the suppressor to my dealer from the distributor. I am currently at 23 days in, so we will see how long it takes.
Thanks so much for the help. My trust and prints are already uploaded to my SS act. The cans are already at my dealers also. So I guess I need to login and buy a tax stamp then he needs to enter the cans in his system. Right now he hasn’t done anything since getting them form 3’d to him.