Durable/Primary Rain Pant: Yukon vs. Omen

NateTP38

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a pair of rain pants that I can use as my primary pants. My specific use is an October moose hunt here in Maine. I was on a similar hunt last year in September and the underbrush held so much water that, even if it wasn't raining, my Corrugates would soak through much quicker than I liked. It seems like Yukons fit the bill for what I am looking for, but I am also interested in the new Omen pants from First Lite (I am also aware of the Arc'teryx LEAF series, but they are more than I want to spend). Since the Omens are so new there is not a lot of non-marketing info on them, so I am wondering if anyone has first-hand experience, especially compared to the Yukons.

OP
NateTP38

NateTP38

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't rule out the new Forloh pant. Made in USA.

Those are very interesting - definitely added to the short list. Any direct comparisons between the Forlohs and Yukons?

jd1006

WKR
I watch ebay a lot, and found a deal on those Arcteryx pants. You can get the Sitka Stormfront pant deeply discounted for that range. That’s top-level goretex like Arcteryx.

the yukons are for sure a solid pant... safe money is on them, and wait for next time to see how the first lite is reviewed.

the yukon and kutana storm shell have been as durable as anything, and way more durable than most.

i'm going to guinea pig myself with the omens, because they have high potential, i really don't think you can go wrong, but yukon is proven.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Yukon stuff is great, I had the Yukon, sold it and realized that it’s better than what I had so I re purchased the Yukon set.

The Yukon stuff is designed more to be worn daily during wet hunts rather than packed away and pulled out for shorter rain showers and that’s why I like it. It’s durable and keeps me dry.

jd1006

WKR
too many proven sets of rain gear out there, I’d reach for that new first lite set last.