Duplex Frame Question

Hammond

FNG
I packed out an elk yesterday and the lumbar pad on my Duplex Frame was rubbing so bad I could hardly stand it. This occurs only when I have very heavy loads, when my Mtn Warrior is in day mode, it's great. I had the waist belt very tight, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any suggestions on how to alleviate the lumbar issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

North

FNG
Kifaru recommended I cut some of the padding out if the lumbar pad was giving me issues. I’ve heard they have sent smaller lumbar pads out but not sure if they still do that. If you have access to some foam material you can easily remove the padding and experiment with different amounts without destroying the pad it came with. I’d call Kifaru and describe the exact issue and they will work to get it right.

I had a 100ish lb pack out a few weeks ago for 7 miles and I developed a hot spot on my lumber area as well with my Kifaru pack. Never thought I would be the type of guy to get a tramp stamp tattoo, but that is what it looked like. Not sure how to fix it.

MattB

WKR
How old is the frame? The lumbar padding eventually wears down and can cause that, but is easily replaceable.

Stay shape can contribute as well.

OP
Hammond

Hammond

FNG
Tramp stamp comment is spot on! Lol! I have had the pack going on 3 years now. I'll try giving Kifaru a call. Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk