Dropped project Yukon

vcb

WKR
I'm a big fan of this show. I think the sheep hunting is kicking their butt though. I bet they wished they had got in better shape before going to the Yukon!

shaun

WKR
They are fat out of shape, cry about a little hiking, I probably don't need to elaborate too much more. It is a joke for a show

kravguy

WKR
I'm with you guys on this. I think its a great idea for a show, but get sick of all the whining. I'm not sure if the guys are just that bad, if they are told to act like that, or they do a little editing to make it sound rougher. Lots of guys DREAM about being able to do that, myself included, and all they do is piss and moan about it.

bbrown

WKR
I had high hopes for this one last year (great idea after all) and my wife even sat down to watch this one but by the end of the second episode she muttered something about them being a couple of pussys. I tried to watch the season hoping it would change but I did not make it thru the first episode.

Beastmode

WKR
It must be really rough to have a paid for trip in the yukon. I would hate it. Especially if I started to have knee pains at 6k ft. Those poor guys have it rough. Haha. What a joke. My 12 year old daughter doesn't whine half as bad as these guys. Its sickening these guys can do something many of us can only dream about and whine so much. Anyways im done whining about a show about whiners. :D

I personally really like the show. It is television but if you get past that its a really good. I think the reason they look/complain is because of editing. Look at it like this. Right now drama sells. Out of all the tv shows the ones with the most ratings have some sort of drama, so why not bring it into the hunting industry. Somewhat a good thought for ratings purposes but in reality most hunters don't wanna see that. But the whining is part of hunting, no matter who you are, I am sure you have whined.

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
The only reason I like watching it is because of all the scenery in the show. One of the brothers is a lot worse about whining than the other one. I might try just watching it on mute, it would probably be more enjoyable. They should take a few notes from Steven Rinella on how to have a great hunting show.

Being out of shape is one thing, but injuries suck! When I was younger I used to think that you could "tough" out anything. A little ankle or knee pain? buck up and take it! Well, Im going to have to say that when you do have a true injury it does not matter how tough you are, and the more you push it the worse it gets. i agree these guys look out of shape and if I was headed to the Yukon I would be in awesome shape for the hunt of a lifetime. But...if you have a bum knee there is not a lot you can do. i hope this never happens to me on a hunt. I can push myself past most breaking points. I made it back to camp one day at dark thirty after a full day and 11,000 total ascent/decent in one day. I barely knew my name when I got back to camp, but I did it. I would hate to have to deal with a real injury.

The verdict is still out for me about this show. On paper these guys look like tough guys, but it is hard to read if they are pussing out or truly dealing with serious injuries.

gulicemo

Banned
I fully concur with what's already been said. You're being paid to be in an awesome place, for 30 days. Not many people can say the same. At least act like you're having a little fun and enjoying yourself. At the end of 1 hour of whining, I never want to watch the show again, but find myself watching the following week in hopes they do shoot something.

As to them being out of shape... Yeah, seems they should have spent less time styling their hair and more time getting in shape.

kravguy

WKR
I personally really like the show. It is television but if you get past that its a really good. I think the reason they look/complain is because of editing. Look at it like this. Right now drama sells. Out of all the tv shows the ones with the most ratings have some sort of drama, so why not bring it into the hunting industry. Somewhat a good thought for ratings purposes but in reality most hunters don't wanna see that. But the whining is part of hunting, no matter who you are, I am sure you have whined.

Even if you could blame it on the editing, wouldn't you be pissed then, if that is what the producers turned it into. If it's really the editing then it makes them out to be 2 of the biggest sissies that hunt. If they are trying to get all Hollywood then they are doing a good job of turning it that way. But by doing so they miss out on there real audience.

Imagine this show with 2 tough as nails dudes. That duct tape blisters and keep going. That run up and down those mountains. You would tune in just to see what the guys are going to battle with next, and if would fire you up to get out there.

Instead you get; Wah I have blisters, Wah my knee hurts, Wah it's foggy and rainy, Wah there is no moose here, WAH WAH WAH. It's sounds like the little piggie on the Geico commercials.

dotman

WKR
Also if drama is the new cool thing, this just makes me like meat eater that much more. No drama in his show.

Everyone brings up valid points with this show. I keep up on the episodes and ya to me it looks like they need to be better shape and ya than can complain a lot even about lil things but as mentioned before every hunter has complained before while hunting but drama sells on tv. The idea is great I enjoyed project Alaska some of the episodes were good and others not so much I mean sometimes I wonder wtf are these guys doing but then there might be a rhyme and reason for it all I've never hunted in Alaska or the Yukon I would love too someday but I think I find myself watching the show for more of the beautiful scenery than anything. Sure there can be improvements on everything nothing is perfect especially this show. But overall I think they should focus more on the joy on the hunt and to beautiful country even there can be variable factors that suck (weather,no game,etc. maybe be in better physical condition) but hey that's my .02 cents

dotman

WKR
Well if you like this type of show I highly recommend Billy Molls DVD's you can buy from rokslide. Purely amazing hunting, country and zero whine! They make me want to hunt the great north more then anything.

I posted up his trailer for his DVD last year, google modern day mountain or search for it on you tube, he has an 11min trailer that is awesome.

I also watch it for the scenery. There are not a lot of shows out there that highlight areas like they are in. I just CAN'T watch the whitetail shows anymore. We need more hardcore shows on TV. How about a backpack hunter TV show? On your own adventures isn't bad. Don't really know much about that guy though. he seems legit.

Daniel_M

WKR
I was into it last year considering the hunt was filmed here in Alaska and they floated a place I am familiar with, my gal and I make it a point to catch the local shows. But the added emotion and dramatics kinda takes away from, the whole purpose of the show.

It's now the outdoor version of House Wives. Just another daytime series.

shaun

WKR
Hell complaining about am old knee injury flaring up is what a brace is for! In 2000 I got in a jet ski accident dbl compound fractured femur broke tib and fib lost part of my quad tore acl Pcl and minuscus and I can keep up with the best of them. Pain in a mental speed bump as far as I am concerned! Did 2 weeks in Colorado high country and pushed through with no bitching

gulicemo

Banned
They should take a few notes from Steven Rinella on how to have a great hunting show.

Funny, I was talking with my room mate. If Rinella or The Western Hunter guys did a show like this (hour long, 4 tags to fill), it would be some GOOD television.

Speaking of The Western Hunter, hell of a shot Mr. Nate Simmons made on that ID bull...