Drop Proof low power scope for bears question. Trijicon? SWFA?

OP
Luke S

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if anyone has any experience with an old Weaver 1-3 scope and how they hold up. It's currently on a 358 Winchester. Seems okay.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
No personal experience, but I have read from someone (an older, picky gentlemen with alot of hunting/rifle experience) as I recall that was looking for a Leupold alternative due to zero retention problems... that the old steel tubed 1-3 Weavers made in El Paso, were the most reliable in his collection in regards to holding zero on hard kicking rifles. Not the best optically in alot of ways, but always trusty, small, light, etc. I think they had 3/4" tubes. For whatever that's worth.
Perhaps we could find one on eBay (and some 3/4" rings) and add it to the long list of requests for a Form drop test (haha).

Lucas B

FNG
I have an older Trijicon Accupower 1-4 mounted on a 9.3x62 mauser. Total weight is about 7.5 lbs. Recoil on that thing is not fun, but the Trijicon seems to be holding up

Fun fact, with a 200 yard zero the bullet drop at 300 and 400 yards lines up well enough with the 300 and 400 yard marks in the scope's BDC (55gr 5.56). To fully disclose, I have only verified the 300 mark at the range and I'm relying on math to tell me that the 400 is good.