Drew Colorado Goat!

Linetrash

FNG
Got lucky as hell and scored a G1/G14 resident archery tag! Somewhat familiar with the area and I know I’ll need a ATV/UTV to get where I can park and hike up to where the goats are. I plan on spending at least 3-5 days in every area I hike in to! Im planning on having all month! Any advice? Has anyone had this tag? Were you successful? It’s a tough hunt but regardless I’m ecstatic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I drew in unit 12 last year and shot a nice goat. I recommend looking at as many goats as possible, they are tough to judge. Also, run ridges and get above the goats. You can get within bow range if your above them.

Agreed , look at ton of goats, and make sure you know what you're looking at. When most of only get one, maybe two chances in our lives to hunt them, it's easy to not know what you're looking at. I never hunted that unit, but tried to draw for several years. You have a nice long season so enjoy!

Ranger2co

FNG
Got lucky as hell and scored a G1/G14 resident archery tag! Somewhat familiar with the area and I know I’ll need a ATV/UTV to get where I can park and hike up to where the goats are. I plan on spending at least 3-5 days in every area I hike in to! Im planning on having all month! Any advice? Has anyone had this tag? Were you successful? It’s a tough hunt but regardless I’m ecstatic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck.