Doobie as a sleeping bag.

Hello all.

Looking for a new spring, summer, fall sleeping bag and I do like the Doobie, as it can be used for so much.
However, if it gets down to F25-20 how is it, will it keep me warm? ( Better off with the body bag?)
Yes, I know, warm or cold sleeper and so, but hope hope some can share some experience.

I’ve used my Doobie right down to freezing and was comfortable under it. Problem is I’m tall and my feet want to poke out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am a big favor my woobie. Sold my doobie though. I found once temps got to cold 30-40F (0-10C) I preferred a bag or a more purpose built quilt with straps. The doobie is also a bit heavy coming in at close to 3#.

if you are keen on Kifaru, I am a fan of my slick bag. Enlighted equipment will also make you a version of their convert quilt with apex that is a bag quilt hybrid.

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used an HPG mountain serape in the low 40s comfortably. No reason the doobie shouldn’t work as well.

OP
N
I am a big favor my woobie. Sold my doobie though. I found once temps got to cold 30-40F (0-10C) I preferred a bag or a more purpose built quilt with straps. The doobie is also a bit heavy coming in at close to 3#.

if you are keen on Kifaru, I am a fan of my slick bag. Enlighted equipment will also make you a version of their convert quilt with apex that is a bag quilt hybrid.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am keen on Kifaru, strong gear, not light, but will last longer than a Enlighten equipment. Might for the woobie. What temp do you use the slick bag in?
Is it as strong as it looks?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am keen on Kifaru, strong gear, not light, but will last longer than a Enlighten equipment. Might for the woobie. What temp do you use the slick bag in?
Is it as strong as it looks?
I have a 20* slick bag I bought relatively recently. I has been fine form the 30-50 range. If I had one grip it would be a full length zipper. 2/3 length zipper makes it hard to open the bag up like a quilt.

OP
N
Yeah, I was thinking something like that regarding the 2/3 zipper. Stil I do like it.

what ive done with my woobz and doobz is run elastic along the bottom edge. tighten that down with cordlock an attach extra paracord eyelts on side and lace it up just like a quilt, its keeping the bottom tight is what makes it work for me. im old and a cold sleeper

OP
N
what ive done with my woobz and doobz is run elastic along the bottom edge. tighten that down with cordlock an attach extra paracord eyelts on side and lace it up just like a quilt, its keeping the bottom tight is what makes it work for me. im old and a cold sleeper
Thanks, sounds like a nice trick.

OP
N
True, for me it is that I think the Kifaru blanket will be a lot more solid, stand up to hard use compared to a quilt made for different use/ers.

Good idea, I might try that with my Doobie

Or....you could just buy a quilt since they are already designed to do this.

Never understood the allure of a 250 dollar blanket.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

But since I already own that $250 blanket, I’ll try his suggested modification