Dogs Dying in MI

So I came across this while looking up my dogs condition. I dont know what my dog has but he started vomiting Sunday afternoon and by Monday morning when I could get him to the vet he was vomiting blood and had blood in his diarrhea. He has been in care at the vet since Monday morning now. He is a 5 year old Weim fully vaccinated. Not saying his condition is related as we are way over in UT but for you in or close to MI this may be a concern.

So I came across this while looking up my dogs condition. I dont know what my dog has but he started vomiting Sunday afternoon and by Monday morning when I could get him to the vet he was vomiting blood and had blood in his diarrhea. He has been in care at the vet since Monday morning now. He is a 5 year old Weim fully vaccinated. Not saying his condition is related as we are way over in UT but for you in or close to MI this may be a concern.

Dang, hope he's alright. My wife was reading about that yesterday.

Shraggs

WKR
Our weimer went they a couple of his early years with those symptoms every couple months. Vet was stumped, but ultimately it turned out the a sone plastic he chewed on and ate. Finally worked itself out

Macintosh

WKR
So, dog friends I have in this area are saying this has been horribly reported, and that most of the dogs DID test positive for parvo, and of these dogs nearly all were either unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated.
So, it sounds like parvo. Which sucks, but its not some unknown mystery disease.

Attachments

• E49C6A16-203A-4F53-973D-7644FF611CF3.png
    E49C6A16-203A-4F53-973D-7644FF611CF3.png
    456.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
MuleyFever
So, dog friends I have in this area are saying this has been horribly reported, and that most of the dogs DID test positive for parvo, and of these dogs nearly all were either unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated.
So, it sounds like parvo. Which sucks, but its not some unknown mystery disease.
Good to know. Kinda crazy so many dying. I guess a lot of people dont vaccinate their dogs.

fellerr

Lil-Rokslider
I work for a vet clinic…..we get quite a few calls of vomiting/diarrhea dogs. First question…”are they vaccinated?”. Usually a “no”. Well, bring them in and come in the back door. Lot of times we pull them out of it, always takes a while though.

Can never stress enough on vaccinating your pets. We always see a handful of rabies as well.

Infection of some kind in the stomach/bowels is his best guess based on blood work.

Kidneys and liver were functioning as they should so likely not a toxin is what they said.
My dog had a similar thing over the winter. Puked up a bunch of blood, vet couldn't find anything. Ended up passing on it's own. Figured she ate something nasty when the snow melted. Hopefully, ends up being something like that. Really sucks when they're sick like that and they can't tell you what's wrong.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16