Does WA have a “transportation fee” for non residents?

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
Asking for a buddies dad who has a land owner/depredation tag in Washington...Dad is saying he’s on the hook for a $300 transport fee of sorts. Anyone have an understanding of this? Matt

Hoh Down

FNG
WA resident here - I’ve never heard of it and have had multiple friends come hunt with me here and buy out of state tags. I just looked over the fee structure for non-res tags and don’t see anything.

I’d call the WDFW if you’re really concerned. They catch a lot of heat for their mismanagement, but they’ve always answered my questions. (360) 902-2200

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
WA resident here - I’ve never heard of it and have had multiple friends come hunt with me here and buy out of state tags. I just looked over the fee structure for non-res tags and don’t see anything.

I’d call the WDFW if you’re really concerned. They catch a lot of heat for their mismanagement, but they’ve always answered my questions. (360) 902-2200

I’ll pass it along, I was puzzled as well. Thinking the Dad misunderstood the gal at the office. Matt

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
That's interesting. Transport fee? Who made that statement to your buddies dad.

Sitting around the firehouse drinking coffee at shift change, my driver told us his dad’s story-supposedly was at a game office and was told this. Sounds like a miss understanding imo but figured if it existed you all would’ve heard about it. I’m not gonna do any calling to F&G, just passing along comments. Thanks