Does changing draw weight affect bow tune?

Hey guys, I currently have my Mathews solocam bow set at 60lbs pull weight but would like to increase it a bit to maybe 63-65lbs. I already checked and either weight will allow me to shoot the same arrows I have been according to the spine chart. I understand the POI will change slightly and I will most likely have to adjust my sight, but will I actually need to get it retuned? Thanks

Probably won't affect your tune much, but it would be a good idea to check after you make the change. If any re-tuning is needed, it could likely be accomplished with minor adjustments to the rest.

I “tune” on my own (broadhead tuning) and I did the exact same thing and had to tweak my rest after changing draw weight. I don’t understand why I needed to, but I did. I would hold off until after season. Just something I’ll be doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all likelihood it will change the cam lean very slightly. Your cable guard pulls the cables to the side, creating cam lean, as you increase draw weight, the cables pull harder on the cable guard which can flex the riser more, changing the cable guard position.

Hard to know if it will actually be enough to matter, and it will be bow specific. Just depends on how much leverage (shorter ATA versus longer) and how stout the riser is.

I would suspect you will be fine, however it's not a guarantee.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would expect draw weight changes to change the dynamic spine of the arrows (i.e. how much they flex and how long it takes them to recover). How much that affects their final impact with and without BH's is the question. Only way to tell is to try it.

dlee56

WKR
It will definitely change your tune. Whether or not it changes it enough to warrant a re-tune is up to you. If it were me I'd re-tune it for sure. That being said plenty of billy-bobs kill way more shit than me with a 2002 hoyt thats got a 5" weak tear at 5 yards.