Do you have a long term hunting goal?

2rocky

WKR
I plan on hunting a long, long time. I'd like to experience the variety of game and habitats that North America has to offer.

I've developed a few bucket list accomplishments I try to keep in mind...
  • Hunt 12 Western States 6/12 ( CA, OR, ID, NV, WY, CO,)
  • Elk Slam 2/3 (Rocky, Tule)
  • Elk slam in CA (1/3)
  • Kill an elk in each of the 12 Western States (3/12) CA, WY, OR
  • Deer Slam 3/4 (WT,MD,BT) , then P&Y deer slam (1/4)

What are some of your long term goals?

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always have a handful of goal in my head but I've never put them to paper. I might have to do this now...

CaseyU

WKR
I would like to get a spot and stalk coyote archery kill has been my latest. Hope to kill a 360 bull with my bow. And I WILL get a 200" ca muley with my bow

OP
2rocky

2rocky

WKR
Casey, I'm sure when I draw the X5A tag, you will just show me where he is ...RIGHT?

CaseyU

WKR
You bet!!!!! it's just up that ridge right past a rock cropping under that juniper line! haha

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to harvest all the big game and trophy animals that can be hunted in my home state of Wyoming.

Mule Deer - Check
Whitetail - Check
Antelope - Check
RM Elk - Check
Shiras Moose
Bighorn Sheep
Mountain Goat
Black Bear - Check
Mountain Lion
Wolf

Left Bison off the list as I really don't have any desire to hunt them. Hopefully some day I will be able to add Grizzly Bear to that list...

Gznokes

Lil-Rokslider
I do have a long-term plan. I call it my "game plan". I have it based on certain species and is mostly based in the lower 48 States draws. It will get me to the North American 10.

Ozz08

WKR
I only have one serious hunting goal.......kill a banded drake spoonbill before I kick it. If I ever get it done that will be the only mount I ever have displayed on my wall lol. I better start shooting more spoonies. One day I will dedicate a full waterfowl season to shooting just boot lips!

Until a few years ago I just wanted to shoot a pope and young whitetail every year. 6 for 6 the last 6 years. However I have expanded my goals.
A pope and young elk.
Pope and young antelope. Should have had that last year. Maybe this year. I just have to lay off the decent bucks for a good one now.
Moose in Alaska. Hopefully 2014
Caribou in Alaska. Hopefully in 2014
Pope and young Muley.
Black bear
Grizzly bear
Bison
Wolf
I don't hunt with guns so every thing would be with a bow.
My first coyote with a bow was actually spot and stalk.

bowuntr

WKR
My goal is to take as many different species as I can with my bow... Each species is a different adventure and takes me to a different place. I have 11 so far and #12planned this September. I will hunt sheep one day and I know a mountain goat is in my future. I will finish my elk slam, maybe a moose and caribou slam... I can't bowhunt enough... Ed F

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
After taking a Bighorn last year, my goal is hunt a least two more sheep in my lifetime. I don't have the funds to go for a slam, unless of course I win the lottery, but have a decent chance a getting to chase my dream a couple more times!! Of course take a RM goat before I pass...

Craig4791

WKR
I know it's a longshot but I fully intend on giving it my all to complete the super slam with archery gear by the time I die.

More on a short term basis I just want to hunt as much as possible and hopefully lock down a super ten in the next 10 years.

Like bowuntr said each hunt/species is a new adventure and I can't get enough of it!

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I've pretty much hunted deer most of my life and have been not been successful the past two years hunting elk in CO. So, elk is still on my list along with pronghorn antelope. Would like to hunt brown bear in Alaska but probably getting too old for this one to happen.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Mine is kinda lame I guess, but to just be able to get out and enjoy hunting with my friends and family regardless of what animals I'm chasing as much and as long as possible.

There is enough species and places to explore in Alaska alone to keep me busy for the rest of my life, but eventually I'd like to tag along on some hunts in the lower 48.