Do you find technology helpful in staying fit?

Do you find technology helps you stay fit?

• Yes, it is an integral tool

• No, I'm a motivated beast

• No, it costs too much

• Yes, I use it some times

• No, but I don't stay fit

• Yes, but I'm still not fit

• No, it just complicates things

Results are only viewable after voting.

Munkish

FNG
I use a Garmin Forerunner 245 for running and walking. The plans generated by the coaches in the app have helped my running, mainly be giving me some structure to my training. Could I do it without the watch or the app? Of course. But this makes it easier, and so I'm more likely to do it.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin watches are very helpful. They are good in many ways. The fitness tracker that is inserted in them can track your heart rate, sleep, blood oxygen, and also respiration. So modern technology is really beneficial in all aspects. We must encourage these types of stuff and also use them for better fitness results.

Stitch

FNG
I've used the Garmin Fenix series watches for around 6 years now and really love them. They definitely help me keep fit, and I like that I can see other hiking and hunts my friends do.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

pm07

FNG
Last October I decided I wanted a Garmin so I told myself that I could buy one once I had 15 work outs in. Come end of December and I hadn't done Jack. So ordered a Fenix 6 in January and started learning how to use it. I like that it keeps track of everything and I am working out,hiking walking etc. Almost every day. I'm down almost 70# since February. It helped me stay motivated for sure.

I find technology does more to keep me UNFIT than fit. Thats just the opinion of a 47 yo who grew up playing in the woods on a 1000 acre farm hunting and fishing when you didnt have devices and apps to help you locate game or fish or tell you how many steps it is to your treestand. So that likely contributes to my not needing/wanting it now so if youre younger or just plain embrace technology no doubt you will have a different perspective.

But honestly, im going the opposite direction and decreasing my use of devices, particularly my smart phone, as I found that after experimenting with that sort of stuff the last 20 years or so i find technology to be more of a nuisance that distracts me from what i need to be focused on. If it werent for my wife id probably already be back to just having a landline in the house, no smartphone, so people can leave me a message when im at the gym or on my mountain bike keeping my fitness up and i can get back to them when its convenient for me.

Bought a Garmin watch 2 years ago. Haven't used it beyond telling time. I'm sure there's some utility in technology. But at the end of the day it's a math equation primarily made in the kitchen i.e., BMR kcal deficit

Robate

FNG
I’ve used Garmin watches for several years. Currently use a Forerunner 945, great for run/bike/swim and tracking general daily activities and sleep habits.

If you’re getting a fitness watch, I can’t recommend Garmin enough. Not only are they great watches, but the Garmin customer service/warranty policy is second to none. I seem to go through HR monitors pretty fast, one quick call to Garmin and they ship a replacement same day, no questions asked.

Vote for simplicity when it comes to the hunt. I use technology - Garmin / Whoop / find my fitness etc to gather data and set goals for improvement. I can appreciate all that it has to offer if your willing to utilize the data you gather and make changes / learn from it.