Do I Need Insulated Boots?

JDMBEND

Lil-Rokslider
Early November, Montana Elk hunt. After a long and expensive search I wear Hanwag Alverstones which are uninsulated. Not looking forward to the process of finding a pair of insulated boots that won’t tear the hell ,out of my hard to fit feet. Have hunted and snowshoed in the high teens with the Alverstones and been reasonably comfortable.
Hunt will be lots of glassing and hiking.
Opinions options?

clem

FNG
There's a school of thought that insulated boots will make your feet sweat while trekking in, then when you stop to glass, no matter how insulated they are, your toes will get cold. Uninsulated generally mitigates that. I'm of that camp. A great solution for me is to change to dry socks once I get to my glassing spot (and sometimes if I'm not going anywhere for a minute, I'll throw on a pair of puffy booties). I pretty much only run uninsulated, but that being said, I'm rarely in the snow.

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
November in MT is different every year, it can be dry and warm or there could be snow on the ground. I would just wear a heavy sock. I run uninsulated boots all year and I just switch different merino wool Darn Tough socks around depending on the weather. You should be fine with your setup. Hope this helps.