DIY rifle shooting “competition” advice

Treeratslayer

Lil-Rokslider
So me and the fellas are gearing up for another trip west. Before we leave, we’d like to get together and waste some overpriced ammo together. We always shoot, but usually don’t link up to do so. I I figured it would be a fun way to extend the trip in a way, but I don’t want to just lay the rifles on a table and plink a target.

Im thinking of setting up my own “course” so to speak, with point values dependent on distance and stance. I can shoot anything from 0-550yds. Have some wooded areas but obviously much shorter shots.

I’m wondering what types of things I should setup for it? Anything specific come to mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU

Did something similar this summer. Strongly suggest incorporating time in the scoring, Form describes how in the thread.

Scrap metal/chain is cheap, 1/4” plate is too thin.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I left the course set up and try to run it occasionally, it’s fun, but more fun w friends.

We tried to set it to mimic hunting situations, shooting through gaps in brush/trees, off hand, leaning on trees/fence posts, shooting off rocks, targets painted in different ways, some stations have multiple targets requiring a move, etc. Targets from 50 yards to close to 700.

Shooters start from however they field carry rifle w pack on, have to be able to touch flag from shooting position, identify target, timer starts.