Disappointed in the NRA convention 2023

rlmmarine

WKR
Ive been going to the conventions for the last ten years but this years im noticing alot of big names absent form the show.
Swarovski
Leupold
Vortex
Nikon
Remington arms
Kershaw
Duracoat
Garmin.
Has anyone herd why any of these companies arent here or noticed other companies absent. The show itself seemed more crowded than past fridays.
Im still glad i came up to see it but i hate seeing alot of big names gone.
What were your thoughts

OP
rlmmarine

rlmmarine

WKR
Although i dont support wayne and i think they could be more proactive in hunting i still believe they do fight for the second amendment more than any other.
I can see nikon not being here because they are invested in other places. But leupold vortex swarovski along with others kind of implies businesses are still alianating the nra.

Although i dont support wayne and i think they could be more proactive in hunting i still believe they do fight for the second amendment more than any other.
I can see nikon not being here because they are invested in other places. But leupold vortex swarovski along with others kind of implies businesses are still alianating the nra.
Or is it the NRA is alienating businesses?

RoseAllen

FNG
NRA has been a corrupt sellout for a long time now, like most republicans as well! Gun Owner's Of America has done more for 2A rights in a very short time than the nra ever has! Check out Gun&Gadgets on youtube! Every month Gun Owner's Of American is helping over turn corrupt unlawful 2A laws and actions!

RoseAllen

FNG
For the past year or more, when the NRA calls me to donate/renew my membership, I interrupt them and let them know that as long as Wayne is at the helm, I'll not be renewing my membership. Am I wrong for thinking this way?
I thought everyone in the hunting/shooting community already knew how corrupt the nra has become!!! This is not my opinion but wide spread fact!

wapitibob

WKR

Trade shows are a money pit. Big name companies are finally figuring out they provide nothing in return for the hundreds of thousands they cost. Everybody knows who Leupold, Vortex, etc are and new reveals were done at the SHOT show.

Marble

WKR
For those that do not support the NRA any longer, who is their replacement?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

For those that do not support the NRA any longer, who is their replacement?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I think lobbying in general has somewhat become less powerful. The 1990s were kind of the lobbying heyday and I would guess the NRAs best time as well. Yet the 90s saw the passing of the AWB. It makes me wonder if the NRA hasn't always been something of a paper tiger. I know many, many people that only vote Red because of gun issues but are more liberal with every other issue. But they vote for the R every time because of 2A. I don't think that's going to change and if team Blue wants to ever win in rural America again they need to realize this.