Digital Caliper question

2muchhp

WKR
You should be good with those. I can't remember exact model numbers however the brand is good and been around for a very long time

OP
P

p5200

FNG
Ok, I just can't trust the one I've got now. I measure the shoulder of a piece of brass then check it later and it's 1-3 thousands different. It worked fine for a while but decided to go haywire LOL! Thanks!

2muchhp

WKR
Keep them clean, don't use the tips for scribing lines and a drop of light oil once in a while, they will last for years

BIGEYES

FNG
P. Your Mitutoyo caliper is a good tool. There is a "feel" that one must develop in using precision measuring tools. Your caliper is especially susceptible to feel and measurements can be skewed by variations in pressure applied. It takes some practice.

I’ve have had great results from my RCBS callipers if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

p5200

FNG
Update! The ones I purchased were from ebay, big mistake! They are not Genuine Mitutoyo Calipers. Now, I guess I'll have to purchase yet another set from a reputable dealer. I just wanted to post this to maybe prevent anyone else from making the same mistake. I can now, chalk up another brain fart on my, list.

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
Purchased my Mitutoyo caliper several years ago from Global Test Supply. It has always worked perfectly.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but that's the reason I don't buy anything off ebay.

OP
P

p5200

FNG
I purchased a genuine Mitutoyo through Walmarts. The order from eBay was never shipped and the seller says they will give me a refund. I'm now waiting for that and will contact eBay if I have to. Order was supposed to be here Monday. I'll give them till then to start process of refund with my bank.

OP
P

p5200

FNG
Only thing I haven't figured out on the Mitutoyos is how to use the Absolute feature on it?

Gila

WKR
Amazon sells the real McCoy. I think you would be more happy with a better model though. Cost more but worth it in my opinion:

Mitutoyo 500-752-20​

OP
P

p5200

FNG
From what I've found on Amazon, they have a mixture of both real and fake. You just have to know for sure which is which. I think I'll be happy with the one I've got for what I need. Thanks!

wapitibob

WKR
Only thing I haven't figured out on the Mitutoyos is how to use the Absolute feature on it?

They're in absolute mode when you zero with them closed. If you want incremental, zero after 1st measurement to give you distance from B to C.

Last edited: