Did I screw up my arrow specs/spine?

I ordered some Black Eagle Rampage arrows from BlackOvis after checking my numbers on Archers Advantage-

Bow: PSE Drive NXT, 70lbs, 27" DL

Arrow: BE Rampage, 300 spine, 26.5" shaft, 215gr total up front, 3x AAE Max Stealth, 4" wrap, 10gr nock. ~489 total arrow weight.

When I originally mocked these up in AA about a week ago it said I was just slightly stiff, almost optimum, right where I wanted to be for a hunting arrow. HOWEVER, running the same numbers again today and it's been telling me I'm way overspined! Even small increases to the draw weight, arrow length, or point weight don't even get me into the ballpark of being optimum now.

Did I mess something up with my original specs and order the wrong spine arrows?? Can anybody run the numbers for and tell me if I'm way off here?

Laned

WKR
Did you check your bow specs, as well as your arrow specs, on this new run in AA? I re-enter all the info each time I run it.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

2blade

WKR
I ran the numbers in Pinwheel and it says the arrow length should be 28", ends up in the green to the stiff side.

RMM

WKR
Running that much weight up front I would think 300 would be perfect. 340 would more than likely be underspined on real world tests.

qSpine says you're on the stiff side, but I bet they'll still fly just fine.

Bow inputs: 330 fps IBO, 70# DW, 27" DL, 33" ATA, 7" BH, 80% LO
Arrow inputs: 26.5" C2C, 215 gr front weight, 42 gr rear weight
Screenshot_20220423-220705_qSpine.jpg

OP
BroccoliRob
Running that much weight up front I would think 300 would be perfect. 340 would more than likely be underspined on real world tests.
I originally wanted to run Axis 340's with ~175 up front, but to get them stiff enough they would've been way too short, which is what led me to the Rampage 300's.

I did try re-entering my bow specs and it did go back to being slightly stiff, so hopefully it all works out. Just waiting on some components from Ethics, then I'll get them put together and see how they tune.

I'm still a bit of a newbie to all this, any tips on what signs indicate a too-stiff arrow when tuning?

RMM

WKR
I originally wanted to run Axis 340's with ~175 up front, but to get them stiff enough they would've been way too short, which is what led me to the Rampage 300's.

I did try re-entering my bow specs and it did go back to being slightly stiff, so hopefully it all works out. Just waiting on some components from Ethics, then I'll get them put together and see how they tune.

I'm still a bit of a newbie to all this, any tips on what signs indicate a too-stiff arrow when tuning?
Run it through paper. If you get a nock right tear it might be an indicator you're too stiff. Either that or your centershot is off.

Yobrevol

FNG
You Will be better off with 300 with that much weight up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk