Desert Tech bulpup rifle

Im thinking of a new rifle. I like the idea of a short barrel in order to run a silencer. Has anybody used or any thoughts on a bulpup rifle. Seems like a pretty good system. I can use a 26” barrel and get the velocity, but with the bulpup style it would still handle like a shorter barrel. The Desert Tech bolt action bulpup has a simple barrel change system to change cartridge too. Any thoughts?

I had one for years. The ergonomics aren't for everyone and they're heavy, but they're incredibly accurate and compact. If you're not going to be packing it very far in rough country they're a great rifle. Plenty of gunsmiths are making barrels for them if you want a cartridge that isn't offered from the factory.

OP
D
I had one for years. The ergonomics aren't for everyone and they're heavy, but they're incredibly accurate and compact. If you're not going to be packing it very far in rough country they're a great rifle. Plenty of gunsmiths are making barrels for them if you want a cartridge that isn't offered from the factory.
Thanks for that info. I would be using it for my elk hunt every other year so its good to know about the weight.

The latest A2s are lighter than the A1s, but by the time you have a good scope, bipod and suppressor on it the weight adds up. If you're not going to hunt rough terrain and lots of miles it would be a good choice. Not a good choice for nasty, steep country and packing it for miles.