Deleting Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
Why was the Elkshape thread deleted? It wasn't even bashing anyone, but calling out someone who chooses to represent all hunters through social media for a financial gain. If you were worried it wasn't accurate and wanted to speak with the accused, why not lock the thread? Maybe I'm missing something, as I know a lot of posts were getting deleted as fast as I could read them.

It kind of reminds me of a recent election where anyone that didn't fit the main agenda was silenced, I wouldn't expect that from a hunting forum.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Robby is suppose to contac the F&G officer who gave elkshape a warning. If verified of violation in the area where dirtbikes arent allowed I hope they resurrect the thread, would be the right thing to do! From there they can simply warn and delete posts that are not appropriate if they like. Otherwise Influencers protecting other law breaking influencers is really, really lame.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Those types of threads can get out of hand very quickly so in a lot of cases, we will do a "soft delete" or lock the threads. We don't have time to monitor every single thread 24 hours per day, so sometimes that's what it takes. We don't have a problem discussing things like this but 10 pages of bashing (most of the time without facts) doesn't do any good.

@robby denning and @Ryan Avery are reaching out to the guy and also the Idaho game department to see what they can find out.

I'm going to lock this thread as well.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, as said by Justin. We’re done with these kind of threads. People can go to their own pages or the offenders pages and post, but we’re not gonna allow those here anymore. It’s dragging down the site. And what was said above, I was reaching out to Fish and Game and have been in contact with the OP, but it’s gonna take some time.

But that doesn’t mean that the thread will go back up because both parties have answered, and it looks like another he-said/he-said-fest. We’re not gonna be part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.