Decided potential loads 7WSM

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Ok the load data and component availability is daunting but based off the components I can find and keeping with published load data I'll develop the 150gr E-tip, 145gr LRX, and 160gr Grand Slam with H4831sc powder and see what shoots best.

Wapiti1

WKR
What is the expected range of this load? The grand slam is a decent bullet, but it flies more like a bus than a corvette. The other two aren't too shabby, and will do anything you need for North America.

If it were my rifle, I'd go to Eurooptic and snag some 180gr Lapua Scenar to try as well. I've been very happy with that bullet in my 28 Nos, and think it would work well in any 7mm. You should be able to get up to 2800 with that powder.

Jeremy

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
What is the expected range of this load? The grand slam is a decent bullet, but it flies more like a bus than a corvette. The other two aren't too shabby, and will do anything you need for North America.

If it were my rifle, I'd go to Eurooptic and snag some 180gr Lapua Scenar to try as well. I've been very happy with that bullet in my 28 Nos, and think it would work well in any 7mm. You should be able to get up to 2800 with that powder.

Jeremy
This will be anywhere from up close out to 500 and I know the 7WSM is overkill but I'm an odd ball and do want to make it out west or to alaska one day.

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
This will be anywhere from up close out to 500 and I know the 7WSM is overkill but I'm an odd ball and do want to make it out west or to alaska one day. You can also add the 150gr TTSX to that.