December secret elk call?

Legend

WKR
I am pretty sure I know the answer. But if anyone has some wierd secret elk call for December I am all ears. I found some great bulls but they are 50yds on the wrong side of a fence. Any strange and out of the normal ideas that have worked to get a bull to cross thence fence would be awesome! Feel free to PM.

rclouse79

WKR
I usually don't hand secrets like this out on the internet, but I find myself filled with the Christmas Spirit today. Try the call out that is played at the beginning of this video clip. If it doesn't work it is because you didn't practice enough.

2muchhp

WKR
On private or a different area than your tag?
I suppose it doesn't really matter, the only thing that may work is a cow call and this doesn't call them over per say but it may make them comfortable enough to come your way.
If they were pushed their they are not coming back, until maybe the next day.

Alot of variables of course...

ahlgringo

WKR
Good luck,

Those Elk know EXACTLY where that line is.

You know how they can pinpoint your calling like down to the foot? In my experience their expertise in walking private lines is just as precise, even without a fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2muchhp

WKR
Yeah ditto on the good luck.
If I could call a Michigan or any elk over a fence in December I'd be a rich man.

nphunter

WKR
A giant pile of apples and a bail of alfalfa will do it if the wind it right.

You could also try some estrus urine and a cow elk decoy.

GotDraw?

WKR
Better yet:

AXE- Apple Scented Body Spray (might attract bears, too)
-or-
AXE- Cow-in-Estrus Urine Body Spray (you will not be allowed back in your house)

JL

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
I suppose it doesn't really matter, the only thing that may work is a cow call and this doesn't call them over per say but it may make them comfortable enough to come your way.
If they were pushed their they are not coming back, until maybe the next day.

Alot of variables of course...
Never been pushed there but life is easier on the big ranch with very little pressure.

Seeknelk

WKR
Is it wide open country or do you have plenty of dense cover? If it's wide open, they will just look over your way and expect to see elk. And your trying to get them into open sight muzzleloader range, maybe if you can set up over a hill they have to come over to. But this time of year, it's a long shot...might even convince them that yeah, dudes are still out there using cowish sounds. Good luck