Day pack suggestions

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
As the title says, I’m looking for suggestions on a new day pack. Don’t need a hydration bladder. Doesn’t need a frame. Something 2700 cubic inches or thereabouts. Will be packing clothes, lunch, etc.

Thanks.

Prior to getting my current pack, I used a badlands 2800. I liked it and still have it for my son to use.

nphunter

WKR
The sitka packs are nice daypacks, I've had a few of their older ones and they worked great for me.

hunterjmj

WKR
If you're just looking for a daypack with not much weight I think most packs will work. I have an eberlestock x1 that works great, an old North Face, and now I'm running the Minikeg. The Minikeg lay out is the best for long day hunts for me. I guess budget and if you're packing a tripod/spotting scope will help your decision.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you currently using any kind of hunting frame?

The reason I ask is that many of the makers have daypacks that can be used in conjunction with their frame, but still be used on their own.

I have a Stone Glacier Avail that fits the bill for a standalone day pack, but also nice that it can also be used with their frames too.

Big fan of MR packs here. 2DAP if you want top of the line but anyone of there packs in that capacity range will work And last a long time. Catch them on clearance for under $100.