Day hike delicacy--something special for the family

I'm planning a day hike into the high country with my wife and kids, and I'd like to pack in something extra special for lunch that would be a memorable treat for everyone. I'm not concerned about weight or cost, I just want to spoil them and foster a love of this type of activity. Any suggestions? What are your favorite backcountry treats? I like smoked salmon and my wife sometimes spoils me with bruschetta. Looking for additional ideas... Thanks!

49ereric

WKR
Care to share the recipe? I've seen various ingredients listed but it appears butter and syrup are the main two?
100% maple syrup.
Heat syrup to 238° turn heat off and leave pan on stove until temp is 175°. Elevation may change the heat @1300 ft here. Humidity can change the way it sets at times but I just do it whenever I want.
stir with spoon I use wood but whatever.
tricky part is stirring. stir to long and it sets up in the pan and not long enough stirring and it won’t sugar correctly. You can see it happening with the eye. Experience helps.I have done it wrong.
a bit of butter while heating to keep the foam down. Heat slowly helps but not to slow Just not full heat.
Never take your eye off the syrup while heating so pull up a stool.
I use old muffin tins. butter the pan with thin film of butter.
I just use my finger.

kbar

FNG
100% maple syrup.
Heat syrup to 238° turn heat off and leave pan on stove until temp is 175°. Elevation may change the heat @1300 ft here. Humidity can change the way it sets at times but I just do it whenever I want.
stir with spoon I use wood but whatever.
tricky part is stirring. stir to long and it sets up in the pan and not long enough stirring and it won’t sugar correctly. You can see it happening with the eye. Experience helps.I have done it wrong.
a bit of butter while heating to keep the foam down. Heat slowly helps but not to slow Just not full heat.
Never take your eye off the syrup while heating so pull up a stool.
I use old muffin tins. butter the pan with thin film of butter.
I just use my finger.
Man that sounds good. May need to give this a try

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
I remember when I went on a one-day hike with my friends we had bar bq ribs and it was an awesome experience. I really wanna try these maple sugar cakes. They sound absolutely delicious and I’m definitely saving this to try on our next hike.

jeedo

FNG
I've done ice cream in a little cooler with dry ice for a date once and that was really fun.