Daughter, Son, and My Idaho Backcountry Muleys

270quest

WKR
Even with the hot weather, we had a great annual deer hunt in Idaho’s backcountry….

My daughter (11) took her first deer - made a good 75 yard shot in the timber with a 105 grain scenar out of her 6 creed I built for her…I have killed a lot of big trophy bucks and this one is right up at the top as my favorite hunt.

My Son (14) made a good 285 yard shot on this buck. It was his 7th big game animal in 5 years of hunting. His new custom 6.5 creed put it down with one 139 grain scenar.

I took this solid 24” 4 point after passing up numerous bucks. Made a good shot in a small window as he was trying to escape thru the timber. 150 scenar from the trusty 7 rem mag put another buck on the ground.

Been a great year so far, Moose and 3 deer…will be off to Wyoming next week to chase Trophy Elk…

Congrats! I'm taking my daughter who turns 4 this Feb on an antelope hunt with wife and I next weekend. It'll test my patience, but I've been looking forward to this moment for a long time.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Its funny how this popped back up from last year, but as we get closer to mid october, both of them are a year older and ready for another good year of deer hunting. My daughter is looking to put down her first elk this year as well.

Time2time

FNG
Nice work!! It's always fun getting the kids out and a huge bonus when they are successful.