Darton bow question

huntingnt

FNG
Just switched over from another manufacturers bow and got a Maverick XT. Still relatively new back into bowhunting.
I was floored with how fast this bow is and it seemed to fit me really well.
My question is this:
My earlier bow was more forgiving. If I come off of the wall even just a little bit with the Maverick if I have to adjust my shoulder it goes full weight almost immediately. Is there any way to adjust this? I've already backed off my draw weight a bit to keep from developing bad habits.

Thanks

OP
H

huntingnt

FNG
I get that. I'm asking if there is any adjustment that can find a middle ground. I figured that I would have to give up fps for forgiveness

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure that bow has adjustable let off. I doubt it. You paid for a hard hitting speed bow. If you want middle ground you might consider going down in draw weight in order to find a reasonable point where you can adjust and hold while not having the bow run away. Kinda sounds like the older binary cam bowtechs like the insanity. I had an 82 lb insanity and if I creeped a millimeter that sumbitch was going.

That said, a lower letoff could help and keep you honest in your back wall.

Anything on the cable stops? Sometimes they have a little bit of rubber on them to soften the wall, but removing it will give a wider valley.

You can play with the letoff a bit, usually won't open up the valley any tho, but changing the holding weight might help you in holding it. Twist the cables to lengthen the draw slightly, decrease holding. Might help, but I haven't messed with those cams to know what you can do with them.

I do know guys who modify their mods to change the valley, gets a little involved but it's just opening up a flat on the cable track at the end of the cam cycle. Best to use a mill tho. I'm always going the other way, trying to increase the holding.

Post a picture of the cam. Side profile from above the axle, cable stop side.