Danner Tachyon to stiffer boot recommendation?

Kleos

Well Known Rokslider
Ok I know there are tons of posts asking people what kind of boot they should get. I also know that everyone's feet are going to be different.
But;
1. I am a procrastinator and I live in a small town with no major retailers to go into and try on boots.
2. I could have made the drive to go try on boots, but I am supposed to go on my hunting trip next week, see number 1 again.

So my dilemma is I need to put my order in online soon and get some stiffer boots. I thought I would be able to get away with my Danner Tachyon's but apparently with the hunting were going to be doing (elk/archery/mountains/grades) my buddy said I need a much stiffer boot.

I was wondering for people who have worn the Danner Tachyon's what stiffer boot did you wear for the hunts where a stiffer boot was needed. I have always hated boots and they have always been uncomfortable. Then came the Danner Tachyon's. I can wear those babies for 18 hour shifts no problem. I have gone through several pairs and will cry if they discontinue the model. I light them because they are light, I can feel every rock I step on, good size toe box. They basically feel like a shoe in boot form with a little better protection.

I am thinking of going with the Crispi Nevada Uninsulated as my all year boots. I will be hunting into the snow sometimes and from what I have read they should do well. I do not need insulation as my feet run hot and am more worried about sweat than I am heat. My fear is that the soles are going to be extremely stiff.

Anyways I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Desk Jockey

Well Known Rokslider
I have had danners in my boot stable for a loooonnngg time - started in the army with 1990s acadias and ft lewis go devils - and had many styles along with a couple pair of tachyons. TBH is haven’t seen a danner boot that I think I would be my top choice for for a long haul in the mountains for over 20 years. I still use my dinners for general outdoors, around town and some short haul hunting - upland and local stuff. Just think others are way out ahead on technical hiking stuff.

after casting around for better gear I ran mostly Merrell and asolo for years, mainly due to availability of wide sizes and fit/comfort for me. I have tried a few other brands - kentrek, zamberlain, etc. I found crispi about 5 years ago and they have been my go to ever since. I do most of my backpacking in Thors and have some heavier models for hunting. Bonus is none of mine have needed a lot of break in and also they are widely available from Black Ovis (+1), crispi and midway to name a few. I think the nevadas are a great choice for all around boots and would be my “one boot to rule them all“ if I only had one pair.

OP
Kleos

Kleos

Well Known Rokslider
Thanks for the all the information and thanks for your service!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intermountain Outdoors