Custom Rifle Builders in Michigan

I'm looking to build my first nice, custom rifle and am wondering if any of you have experience with any gunsmiths in, or around, Michigan? Just think it would be cool to support local guys if there are any, otherwise I will probably try to go with Kampfield Custom or one of the other guys I see recommended on here a lot.

The rifle will be in .280 AI built with a Defiance anTi or anTi X action in a Manners EH1. Not sure on the barrel yet, but I want it to be about 22-24" because it will be getting an Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen S on the end. Hoping to keep the rifle around 7lbs.

Thanks for any input!

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Pierce actions are made in Michigan, and they have Ti actions. I am pretty sure they also build rifles.

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
Pierce Engineering in Lansing is a top notch rife shop. They build their own actions in house and can build anything you like. I've not had a build done there (or anywhere) but I've had some smithing done there. Great to work with and very helpful. Give them a call and see what you think. Screenshot_20230522-115758_Contacts.jpg

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
Pierce really is a fantastic shop. I’ve dealt with them a half dozen times and keep going back. Hope you decided on a good shop.

I'm looking to build my first nice, custom rifle and am wondering if any of you have experience with any gunsmiths in, or around, Michigan? Just think it would be cool to support local guys if there are any, otherwise I will probably try to go with Kampfield Custom or one of the other guys I see recommended on here a lot.

The rifle will be in .280 AI built with a Defiance anTi or anTi X action in a Manners EH1. Not sure on the barrel yet, but I want it to be about 22-24" because it will be getting an Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen S on the end. Hoping to keep the rifle around 7lbs.

Thanks for any input!

Depending on what you’re using the rifle for, keep in mind that carrying 29-31” of barrel like you’re intending with the hydrogen s kind of sucks. I did a 7 SAUM @ 22” thinking it’d be good for a 7” can and I stopped using a can on it after one season due to length. Even 18” barrel with a 7” can is longer than ideal for eastern whitetail hunting IMO.