Current Realistic Wait Time for SWFA SS HD 3-9 Scope? December 2022.

ljalberta

WKR
Ordered one yesterday. The fellow I spoke with at SWFA did not know how many were ahead of me on back order or any expected timeline for fulfillment. He did tell me they expect another shipment in 30-60 days. But who knows how many scopes are actually going to be in that shipment.

Looks like the 6MQ,10MQ and 3-15 are all backordered now as well. It will be interesting to see how quickly these restock.

SouthPaw

WKR
There's probably over 100 of these backordered. My backorder was put in in March, and I think it was ~70 at that point.

I already have one of these on my Tikka .223 and it really is the best general purpose scope of everything I have used/shot.

They told me a batch was coming in late October or early November (this was in early October). I haven’t heard of anyone getting one…feel like that would have been posted.

If I were them, I’d be raising the price at this point.

SDHNTR

WKR
I get it, they are a great scope, but so are several others without such a ridiculous wait time/backorder policy. I moved on.

I’m at 2 years waiting on a warranty replacement. If i had any time concerns at all I’d buy one off the classifieds.
I back ordered a 3-9 for my wife but this is my worry. I waited about a year for a warranty replacement on a 3-15. If it breaks you are SOL. Hopefully the supply chain issues get worked out though and its not an issue in the near future.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Not sure what I did to deserve this. Got a credit card hit yesterday and then a shipment notification from SWFA this afternoon.

Looks like my 3-9 that I ordered on December 1st will be here in 30 days from order date!