Cross country road hunting trip - blog

Dunndm

WKR
Next week I’ll be doing a cross country trip from South Carolina to California. The wife and I are moving back to California for a multitude of reasons (posted on a previous forum) of why.
That being said, this will be a once in a lifetime expensive hunting trip. My wife will be flying back leaving me to myself once we get to Texas. From Texas I was planning on going directly north to CO, then Montana and Wyoming. From there I don’t know what to do. I’ll be spending a couple days depending on how active the hunting is going. I’ll be living out of my truck, and a trailer I built out. I’m just wondering what do you guys think of where I need to stop? Bucket list items, and if you’d be so kind to maybe guide me in a direction on where to hunt. It’s a light trailer with a 4x4 2” lift truck so I can go in a lot of rough terrain.
I appreciate the responses in advance, or any help on direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Would look at grabbing a hunt or two in TX if you are open to paying some money (pretty much have to pay to play). Axis are always fun to hunt and great to eat.

Didn’t even think about that. Not a bad idea at all! My brother (not a hunter) but trying to get him into it more. Might be flying into Texas so that would be a good spot to start. There and Wyoming antelope maybe

Northpark

WKR
Give tx Hunting a try. Axis are pretty fun. Pigs too. Then north to CO. Elk OTC archery maybe or a fly fishing trip on the upper Arkansas river. Then on to calling song dogs in WY. Then cruise up and fish some trout water in WY and MT. Then over through ID. Snake or salmon river sturgeon trip? Not sure how that works exactly there but I know they catch some big fish. Then over to the coast for some ocean fishing before heading back down south. Predator hunting along the way just cause I can’t think of more OTC hunting opportunities.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Give tx Hunting a try. Axis are pretty fun. Pigs too. Then north to CO. Elk OTC archery maybe or a fly fishing trip on the upper Arkansas river. Then on to calling song dogs in WY. Then cruise up and fish some trout water in WY and MT. Then over through ID. Snake or salmon river sturgeon trip? Not sure how that works exactly there but I know they catch some big fish. Then over to the coast for some ocean fishing before heading back down south. Predator hunting along the way just cause I can’t think of more OTC hunting opportunities.

That sounds like a fantastic trip actually. I’m bringing my poles with me so I plan to fish. Got rods for small ponds to deep sea so I defiantly plan to use them. I think I’ll be doing a lot of predator hunting just since it’s a cheaper/easier route for the “off nights” haha

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Anyone know any outfitters in Texas ir good place to hunt pigs on public near Dallas?