Crispi Nevada - what size should I get.. socks

RLXFXR

FNG
I’m looking at purchasing a pair of uninsulated Crispi Nevada’s for an elk hunt next year. The variables are New Mexico rifle vs Colorado rifle hunt. I’m not sure whether to buy a little big so I can wear thicker socks if needed for colder temps. Are there any tricks to wear them in warmer climate if needed vs colder? Suggestions? Thanks!

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of the un insulated nevadas this summer. I typically wear a 14 , sometimes 15 depending on brand. I bought the 14s, 15s were way too big. This was coming from a schnees beartooth in 15 that was snug . I personally feel their sizing is generous .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
I personally wouldn't go up a size. When you're not wearing thick socks, they are going to do a number on your feet slipping.

Johbran

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Nevadas, and I agree with the posts above. Don’t size up, get your exact size.

intunegp

WKR
Just got some uninsulated Nevadas this past weekend, wore wool hunting socks to try them on. Another vote for your usual size.

Quigly13

FNG
I also got a pair of non-insulated Nevadas in my regular running shoe size. Your regular shoe size shouldn’t be a “exact” fit to your feet. You want a little room in front of your toes, but obviously not so much that your foot slides around and the heel starts to lift. When I try on new boots at the store I also do a little kick test. I will try and kick the front of the boot either on the ground or against a step and try to get a feel for about how much room is in the front of the boot relative to my toes. Don’t punt your boot into ground but give it a half decent tap. It’s an imperfect science but it’s been working for me.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Regular size fit me perfect. Double checked my size on one of those boondock devices and it was spot on. Whatever its called thingy. Toss the insoles. I'm using superfeet blues and its perfecto.