Crispi Nevada, Guide, and Colorado II

Rymanco

WKR
Anyone use the Crispi Guide or the Colorado 2? I currently have the Nevadas but they are a half size too big so I’m going to end up selling them and found a pair of Colorado 2 and a pair of Guide for sale. I know the Colorados are a little stiffer so I would think they would be decent for saddle hunting. Any opinions? Or should I just go with the Guides and call it a day?

I have a pair of the older Colorados - they seem a half size smaller than the other Crispi's I own (West River, Valdres). I think that feel is just from the rocker sole though and once broke in they feel perfect. I put the SOLE cork insoles in them and that worked best for those particular boots. Great boot for rocky, steep terrain with alot of deadfall. I do need to wear a midweight sock in it though as the forefoot fit is not as secure with lightweight socks. Great support, lightweight boot and grippy so I like them. Forefit fit is improving too as the boot breaks in more.

Are your Nevadas newer and maybe you haven't had a chance to get the boots wet yet? On both of my other crispi boots I thought they were a half size too big until the leather shrank the boot down to exactly my size! If that is true for you - maybe just hose them down so the leather is soaked and then just wear them all day until they are mostly dry. Sacrilege I know but that can work out and might save that boot for you. Or try a different insole - some insoles move your foot forward in the boot a tad, others move your foot back. Superfeet typically will move your foot forward a smidge - at least the ones with the substantial heel support will. Sole insoles will keep your foot farther back in the boot a tad - you just gotta try a few if you want a real good fit in your boot.

Also I thought I read somewhere that the Guides are just a taller version of the Nevada so maybe check on that with Crispi?

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
Also I thought I read somewhere that the Guides are just a taller version of the Nevada so maybe check on that with Crispi?

I believe this is true. I have not got mine wet. They have less than 3 miles on them. I was only considering the Guide as I seen a pair for sale on here in the classified ads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised when mine shrunk down to fit me but they did - might be worth a try as a little water isn't going to hurt them.

Good Luck with the boots!

I was surprised when mine shrunk down to fit me but they did - might be worth a try as a little water isn't going to hurt them.

Good Luck with the boots!
Had the Colorados did not like them. Too stiff. All leather Nevada's or guides would be the best imo.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Kenai's and Guides(old version). The guides are tighter in the toe box than the Kenai's which are supposed to be based off of the Nevada's but full grain leather. They are currently at the cobbler getting the toe box stretched out some.

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
I have a pair of Kenai's and Guides(old version). The guides are tighter in the toe box than the Kenai's which are supposed to be based off of the Nevada's but full grain leather. They are currently at the cobbler getting the toe box stretched out some.

Do you have narrow or wide feet? I have fairly narrow feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
They aren't wide, but they aren't narrow if that makes sense. Kenai's I have had no issues at all. The Colorado's would give me blisters on my pinky toes at 3.5 miles on the dot while breaking them in and rucking.

SKOL808

FNG
I use the first Colorado's and they feel a half size smaller. Do the Colorado II’s fit similar? Should I go a half size up if I want to get the Colorado IIs?

Firehawk

WKR
I have the original Colorados, Guides and Nevadas. Colorado's fit my feet perfectly, stiffer and overall my favorite. The Nevadas fit a little bit sloppy to be honest. Both are same size, but the Nevadas are definitely a little wider. The more I wear them, they are fitting better, but I prefer the Colorado. Nevadas are really well made though. Loads of quality for sure, just wish that they fit slightly better.

My Guides are used when there is some snow on the ground. They are too tall for me to wear at other times of the year. But they do seem to fit a touch better than the Nevadas. Maybe it is because I am generally wearing a little thicker Merino sock?

Hope that this helps.

FH

Jsteel

FNG
I’m thinking about buying a pair of Nevadas for late season. Trying to decide if I should buy insulated but I’m afraid my feet are going to get too hot. Any recommendations?