Crispi Colorado Help

I ordered a pair of Crispi Colorado GTX boots (a deal on Black Ovis). The boots at first seemed really comfortable, but after more serious use, they caused the ball of my foot and toes to tingle and go numb... so I got the Superfeet Adapt Hike Max insoles and started wearing different socks(lighter thinner) hoping that that would help, and now it's just sort of at random when the ball of my foot and toes go numb. it almost feels like there is not enough room around my foot, even with ultra light socks, but my feet have historically been narrow in every boot I buy, AND there is room in the toe box area. This is my first foray in hunting specific boots. The last few years I've just worn Merrels, with no issues, but I wanted a boot that had more ankle protection and just designed for hunting and the Crispis seemed like they were the one. It's frustrating because I assumed spending that much money on a pair of boots wouldn't make my feet feel like shit until I take them off. SO.... my question is, does anyone have any advice? do i need to break in these boots longer or go get another pair? if so, what pair?? Thanks!

wyosteve

WKR
Not sure this will help much, but I have a pair of Crispi's (not the Colorado) that I ended up using with some 'cheap' Dr. Scholl's gel insoles. The normal insoles seemed too 'hard' for my feet.

Poser

WKR
Try SuperFeet carbon insoles. They are low volume and will open up some more vertical space in the toe box.

OP
fleasmokey
Not sure this will help much, but I have a pair of Crispi's (not the Colorado) that I ended up using with some 'cheap' Dr. Scholl's gel insoles. The normal insoles seemed too 'hard' for my feet.
I'll give it a try, they do seem hard, especially on the ball of my foot

IdahoElk

WKR
Bummer to hear that, I'm on my third pair, factory insoles with no issues. I do notice my feet hurting if I kneel for long periods of time, I just figure it's because the soles are pretty stiff and the way pressure is distributed because of that.

Try SuperFeet carbon insoles. They are low volume and will open up some more vertical space in the toe box.

SF carbon will compromise the gore tex liner in Colorado, or any other boot with a GTX liner for that matter. I only use the SF insoles without a plastic/carbon plate in my boots. Mostly the flex or flex thin. The flex thin might be worth looking into. I use the flex in my Thors and flex thin in my Makra Treks.

The SF Hunts were the best Id used, but they were discontinued. They had a merino layer on top, and the bottom didnt have the plate and was more like the flex and flex thin. If you can somehow find those, might also be worth a try.

From Superfeet:

I WEAR BOOTS WITH WATERPROOF LINERS, LIKE GORE-TEX®. CAN I STILL WEAR SUPERFEET?
Yes, but be particular about the style of Superfeet insole you choose. Avoid using our BLACK, CARBON, and COPPER insoles as features on the bottom of these insoles can damage waterproof liners. Our hiking-specific TRAILBLAZER insoles are a good choice. Note: over time, most insoles will conform to the heel of your footwear and can cause wear through the lining. Superfeet offers no guarantee against the side effects of the insole wearing through waterproof liner.

Poser

WKR
SF carbon will compromise the gore tex liner in Colorado, or any other boot with a GTX liner for that matter. I only use the SF insoles without a plastic/carbon plate in my boots. Mostly the flex or flex thin. The flex thin might be worth looking into. I use the flex in my Thors and flex thin in my Makra Treks.

The SF Hunts were the best Id used, but they were discontinued. They had a merino layer on top, and the bottom didnt have the plate and was more like the flex and flex thin. If you can somehow find those, might also be worth a try.

From Superfeet:

I WEAR BOOTS WITH WATERPROOF LINERS, LIKE GORE-TEX. CAN I STILL WEAR SUPERFEET?
Yes, but be particular about the style of Superfeet insole you choose. Avoid using our BLACK, CARBON, and COPPER insoles as features on the bottom of these insoles can damage waterproof liners. Our hiking-specific TRAILBLAZER insoles are a good choice. Note: over time, most insoles will conform to the heel of your footwear and can cause wear through the lining. Superfeet offers no guarantee against the side effects of the insole wearing through waterproof liner.

Interesting. I used the carbons in a goretex lined boot with no issue, but I can see how it could potentially be a problem.

The Trailblazers are comparatively thick and would probably slack up too much vertical volume if that is the issue.

OP
fleasmokey
Bummer to hear that, I'm on my third pair, factory insoles with no issues. I do notice my feet hurting if I kneel for long periods of time, I just figure it's because the soles are pretty stiff and the way pressure is distributed because of that.
I want to like them... It sucks because they checked off all the boxes for what I wanted.

grfox92

WKR
I want to like them... It sucks because they checked off all the boxes for what I wanted.
I might get flamed for this but I hate Crispis. I've tried every model on, owned 3 different models that didnt work for me and have been underwhelmed by every model I've slipped my feet into since.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
fleasmokey
I might get flamed for this but I hate Crispis. I've tried every model on, owned 3 different models that didnt work for me and have been underwhelmed by every model I've slipped my feet into since.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Well I just got frustrated thinking about spending another $50 on trying to find a different pair of insoles and bucked up and bought Schnee's Beartooth Og, hope they work for me

I have superfeet insoles in some boots but in my Colorados I am running the SOLE cork insoles right now - the mid thickness version with the metatarsal support and that is very comfy. Probably not last as long as some others but its worth it to me for comfort.

The other option in a pair of Meindls that are very stiff is the Lathrop &Sons insoles - but I prefer the SOLE cork in these boots. Amazon had them on sale not too long ago might be worth a look.

Realizing that you bought different boots, I'll add something else to consider.... foot swelling due to being on your feet a long time.

Coming from an ultra endurance sports background, I have found that managing swelling in my feet is critical to long days. The solution for me was compression socks (I like the first lite wool ones for hunting).

With the compression socks my feet stay the same size. Without them, I would actually have to size up on my shoes part way through an ultramarathon due to the swelling and associated tingling and numb toes.

tops911

FNG
No help here, but I have the Colorados and not impressed with them at all. Very hot, leaked the first time I wore them (with gaters) in dew covered grass and on one trip (boots over year old) I got blisters that covered my entire heels. I had not had blisters like that since I was a private in the Army 30 some years ago.