Crews search for Minnesota man missing in Yellowstone National Park

kpk

WKR
Not sure if this was already posted or not, but it's been on the news here as he's originally from this area. Doesn't sound good that they were able to find his camp and belongings on the first day of the search but have found not found him. I've hunted somewhat close to the area in the past, and I'm sure many here are familiar with that area. Hoping for the best for him and his family.

I've been following this and is is a very dire situation. He called from the top of the mountain he summitted at 7:00, expressing concern about the weather. We have had very good weather over the last several days, which is a positive thing. We drove through the Park yesterday and it was in the 70s and sunny.

Axlrod

WKR
I've been following this and is is a very dire situation. He called from the top of the mountain he summitted at 7:00, expressing concern about the weather. We have had very good weather over the last several days, which is a positive thing. We drove through the Park yesterday and it was in the 70s and sunny.
But it is not in the 70's at 11,000 feet, and probably below freezing at night.

TaperPin

WKR
If he had rain, fog, sleet, hail and wind during the day and didn’t make it back to camp that’s bad. Hopefully he simply has a twisted ankle and is hunkered down waiting to be found.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
We're at 4000' and had frost the other morning.

Always carry some essentials on you
when in the mountains so you can survive the night out
if for whatever reason you can't make it back to camp.

You can take these essentials out of your pack at home
on the evening of July 3.

Just remember to put them back in your pack in the morning of
July 4,

Good luck to the young man.