Coyote Scope?-Leupold Mark 5HD 2-10x vs VX6HD 2-12x

Ludo

FNG
I decided I'm going to bring one of my AR15's to Colorado this year during Elk season to use as a Coyote gun. I need to get a proper scope on the AR for Coyote, and I think I have it narrowed down to one of the following:
- Leupold Mark 5HD 2-10x30 (Considering this one, because it seems like a good CQB option to leave on the AR)
- Leupold VX6HD 2-12x42 (Considering this one because I can use it on other bolt guns for wooded deer hunts)

I'm looking for something durable, great FOV with a little reach.
I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have. Preferably you guys with Coyote experience, but all suggestions are welcome.

I'd also opt for the Zeiss V6 2-12x50, but that price tag is a little hefty without a discount. I get a Military discount on the Leupolds, so its not completely breaking the bank.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Do you want ffp or sfp?
Mil or MOA?

Since you get mil discounts, and for that amount of money, I would highly recommend looking at some nightforce options. NX8 1-8 or 2.5-20 would be my personal pick.

OP
L

Ludo

FNG
Do you want ffp or sfp?
Mil or MOA?

Since you get mil discounts, and for that amount of money, I would highly recommend looking at some nightforce options. NX8 1-8 or 2.5-20 would be my personal pick.
I'm not too concerned about which focal plane considering this will primarily be used for 300yds and in. I've really only used MOA, but not opposed to using MIL for this application considering I'd only be using it for wind under 300yds.

OP
L

Ludo

FNG
I would go with the NXS 2.5-10 or the credo 2.5-15.
See, that's why I post these questions on here. The NXS line wasn't even on my radar. I've been looking at the ATACR and NX8's, but you're right, that NXS 2.5-10 looks like it checks the boxes (and NF gives mil discounts). The FOV is a little less than what I was looking for, but it should work. Thanks! Do you have personal experience with this scope? Curious of the NXS line has the same durability as the higher end NF's.

See, that's why I post these questions on here. The NXS line wasn't even on my radar. I've been looking at the ATACR and NX8's, but you're right, that NXS 2.5-10 looks like it checks the boxes (and NF gives mil discounts). The FOV is a little less than what I was looking for, but it should work. Thanks! Do you have personal experience with this scope? Curious of the NXS line has the same durability as the higher end NF's.
I do. Scope is awesome. NXS is what started it all for nightforce. They are literally bullet proof :).