Coyote Killing Dog!

I’m not really a dog guy but this dog is a bad a$$! He killed 8 coyotes protecting his sheep. That’s just amazing to me. I’m curious how he actually killed the coyotes. I’m guessing he crushes their neck or something like that. He took some pretty bad damage. Anyway I thought some of y’all would like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that's crazy, we've had some hounds that will kill coyotes. Usually grab them by the throat, but I bet this guy had the rest of them ripping at him the whole time. Amazing animal!

OP
aclawrence
That’s what I was I imagining. Sounds like a tough deal for all critters involved.

The few people that I have known that had sheep all said they have at least 2 dogs in a flock. They learn to work together with one getting ahold of the front of the coyote and the other the rear. They basically pull the thing in half.

A co-worker of mine was out working with his bird dogs a few years back and ran across an active den. His dogs proceeded to go into the den and pull out 2 female adults and 7 pups one-by-one and killed all of them.

Geewhiz

WKR
I’m not really a dog guy but this dog is a bad a$$! He killed 8 coyotes protecting his sheep. That’s just amazing to me. I’m curious how he actually killed the coyotes. I’m guessing he crushes their neck or something like that. He took some pretty bad damage. Anyway I thought some of y’all would like this.

We had a few sheep growing up and 3 great pyrenees. At first my impression of those dogs is that they were fluffy, lazy complacent fur balls. My impression has since changed and I now have an immense amount of respect for livestock guardian dogs. More than once I witnessed them taking care of bears, lions and coyotes. One of them got torn apart by a lion (and survived), but he didnt back down. Would have liked to have seen the lion. They were willing to give their lives for their sheep.