country boy can survive and city mice......

man, ive been stuck in DC for a while now,senior parents,parkinsons ,covid,ridiculous building permits,workers you hire that don't show up, blah blah blah and it truly shocks me at the lack of skills and common sense.
splitting wood, dressing appropriately in this recent cold snap , walking in the woods at night,stars at night,hunting for meat in the frozen section at costcos when there are deer kills everyday on the roads,lumbersexuals,,lack of navigational skills except your phone and that chick that tells you which way to go alexa, alexa, wheres my brain.
i can hardly wait to take my pr49 and get back to the chilkat river........
have a nice xmas rokhounds!

idahoman

FNG
I hear ya man, I’m also stuck in DC. It is ROUGH. Hope You’re having the Merriest Christmas possible!

I got detailed in DC in the 70s a number of times. I liked it less every time. I chose to quit rather than go back again. I wish you a merry xmas and lots of luck surviving that.

Yoder

WKR
I was on 15 today in north central PA and passed a guy in a Tesla with DC plates that was by himself in the car and wearing a mask. I got nothing for you.
Maskholes are everywhere. We have a guy at work that wears one even driving his new electric motorcycle.

Yarak

WKR
Was stationed near DC in the 80’s and didn’t have much regard for it even them
With your situation having to deal with aging parents that have multiple health issues and tolerate DC my heart goes out to you
I’m dealing with the aging parent thing also and just buried my FIL due to Parkinson’s…..it a tough row to hoe for sure