Cougar called in to 13 steps

Man back in the day I thought calling in coyotes was a rush. That had to be a whole other level. Kudos and congrats.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! That would be cool experience...I might have needed a change of underdraws after I saw him...

TheGDog

WKR
Woo... it can really weird ya out afterwards when a cat manages to get up close to ya like that without you hearing or seeing them yet. Especially when you're deep in.

13 Steps? Eesh!

That's such a cool story to have man. Congrats!

OP
Saylean

Saylean

FNG
Obviously he let you turn and get a rifle on him.....how did that go down? I would have expected him to bust out.
I stood up to end the set (breaking my own rule of staying for another 20 minutes after the set). I originally set out to check my trail cam and wanted to get going. I kind of rolled over (as I was sitting indian style against a stump) and pushed up off the ground with my rifle leaning against the stump. As I stood up, he was in my blind spot if I was sitting but caught him sitting down staring at the caller. He turned his attention toward me. I pretended I didnt see him, didnt make eye contact. I reached for my rifle and judged him to be legal and fired, all kind of slow but smooth...not super slow and sneaky. Done deal.
Bullet used was a 55 grain hornady Vmax