Costco Tripod

Shrek

WKR
Way heavy ! A big scope is going to weigh between 3.8lbs to 4.5lbs and a tripod and head for backpacking should be under 3lbs .

Looks good to me. Has good reviews on the website as well. I don't think you would do better for that price.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I would look at the Vortex High Country. Much lighter and very similar as far as how this one is setup. I love the High country. priced at right around 75$

colonel00

WKR
I have a tripod from Benro. It is right at 2lbs and only cost like $66. It got it as a cheap starter tripod when I bought my DSLR but it has done pretty good. I can't remember which model it is exactly but I will check when I get home.

OP
G
The vortex high country is listed at 53.8", this Costco one 60" - is that with the legs AND center piece fully extended? Because I have the straight body scope and I'd like to use it standing up; I am 5'10". I already have a short little tripod, I'd like a full height one.

OP
G

colonel00

WKR
I think it could handle a 65 but I don't know that I would slap an 80+ scope on it. I haven't used it as a tripod for a spotting scope so I am just assuming based on my usage with a camera. It holds my camera with 300mm zoom lens just fine. However, if I had a high end, heavy lens then I would probably look for something beefier.