Cost to thread barrel

fwafwow

WKR
$225 for threading, protector and return shipping to be done by the manufacturer (Cooper). I guess I could find someone to do it for less, and more quickly, but I like being able to demonstrate that it was done by the company.

NV HUNTER

WKR
Threaded, breaks, machine for smooth fit, reblued was $450 for both guns. Just got them back this week

Attachments

• 0D21ABD7-4769-4D4E-875A-8CC094D997C4.jpeg
    0D21ABD7-4769-4D4E-875A-8CC094D997C4.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 25
  • AD2B1074-61F0-49AB-927C-3DF2A648D82A.jpeg
    AD2B1074-61F0-49AB-927C-3DF2A648D82A.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 26
OP
U

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
Quite the range in answers. Lou, if I decide to ship it, what does that cost. I want to have 4-5 done at once

Lou400a

Lil-Rokslider
Quite the range in answers. Lou, if I decide to ship it, what does that cost. I want to have 4-5 done at once
I would probably ship two at a time. Take them out of the stock, take the trigger off, wrap real well and pack bunch of heavy paper on both ends of the box. If you want to have the bolt fluted take it out of the action.
Probably around $30 priority mail pending box size and weight (gives you tracking and I would add insurance as well)
Sometimes you can find heavy duty cardboard shipping tubes that work well

Ucsdryder

WKR
Will someone school me please. I have a t3 in 300wm with a limb saver. It’s great to carry, but sucks to shoot! I’ve considered putting a brake on it for 3 years but I’m always worried about the additional noise. I carry foam plugs that wrap around my neck but in the heat of the moment it seems like I never put them on. So I’m worried about the noise.

1. If I have it threaded and capped for a brake down the road will I likely see a POI change?

2. A “self timing brake” just screws onto a threaded barrel without the need of a gunsmith, correct?

3. Are there any self timing brakes that aren’t substantially louder?

4. Anybody in the Denver, north or Denver, area that someone would recommend?

Thanks!!!

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Weight on the end of you barrel will almost always change POI.

Yes, for a self timing brake you just need your barrel to be threaded. Then you screw either a brake with a self timing nut or set screws onto it, eyeball your baffles level and snug it up. Something that people overlook often is you can use a self timing muzzle brake on multiple guns. Even going from a brake bored for a .308, you would still see substantial recoil reduction using it on a 6.5

Muzzle brakes aren’t any louder. They seem louder because they direct the sound more towards you. If you were standing to the side, the noise would be about equal.

if you have any other questions shoot me a pm.

Will someone school me please. I have a t3 in 300wm with a limb saver. It’s great to carry, but sucks to shoot! I’ve considered putting a brake on it for 3 years but I’m always worried about the additional noise. I carry foam plugs that wrap around my neck but in the heat of the moment it seems like I never put them on. So I’m worried about the noise.

1. If I have it threaded and capped for a brake down the road will I likely see a POI change?

2. A “self timing brake” just screws onto a threaded barrel without the need of a gunsmith, correct?

3. Are there any self timing brakes that aren’t substantially louder?

4. Anybody in the Denver, north or Denver, area that someone would recommend?

Thanks!!!
A muzzle brake will help for now but if you want a long term solution, you should look into buying a suppressor. It's not nearly as complicated as most people think. I'm never going back to shooting/hunting unsuppressed. As far as directly answering who to have thread your barrel, check out Mile High Shooting. I've had them do work for me and their reputation is top notch. I believe they're right in your area.

Ucsdryder

WKR
A muzzle brake will help for now but if you want a long term solution, you should look into buying a suppressor. It's not nearly as complicated as most people think. I'm never going back to shooting/hunting unsuppressed. As far as directly answering who to have thread your barrel, check out Mile High Shooting. I've had them do work for me and their reputation is top notch. I believe they're right in your area.

My buddy keeps telling me the same thing. I need to get with him on it.