Cooking in Wall Tent - Carbon monoxide

We were using one of those Coleman kitchen stoves in our wall tent last year and almost immediately the carbon monoxide alarm went off. So we moved our kitchen table outside and cooked in the single digits in the dark, which was not nearly as enjoyable as it would have been in the warm wall tent...

Do others have this concern? I don't want to nuke ourselves with CO but it would be nice to be able to cook inside the tent

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I keep a CO detector in my wall tent, but only because of my propane tank top double burner heater. That thing puts out 30k BTU's and heats the tent up in a hurry, but the alarms have never gone off in the 15 years I've used that heater, nor have I had any indications of high CO in the tent. I don't even worry about my cook stove and lantern that I use.

Reactions: CB1
OP
nettereo16
We were all shocked when ours started buzzing. Our Coleman stove is nothing crazy either. Not really sure how big of a concern this should be but it kept us outside and cold.

I have a small zippered vent in the back of the tent. I have a canvas fly I have 4" above the tent to keep condensation from inside the tent. The fly or parts of it extend 10-12 ft beyond the tent for the kitchen. The stove is set up just inside the tent. When cooking I keep the flap open on the tent to heat the kitchen. It's really comfortable. I have lanterns in the kitchen and tent and have never had a problem.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve spent the last 30 years cooking in a wall tent with all sorts of gas stoves and never had an issue. Granted we’ve never had a CO detector. 😂. I wonder if there is a small leak somewhere in the line or stove