Cooking game meat may never be the same

trolson90

FNG
This is nuts. I'm also surprised that the article I read said 35% of people in the US use a gas stove. Which means if this goes forward, it's likely 65% of people will feel indifferent.

This would probably translate to outlawing gas grills too... MOST people use propane on their grills. I use propane in the summer for canning and skillet cooking

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
I was on a Zoom call yesterday with a lady from the UK. She was bundled up in a blanket like a kid would be. When asked if she was sick or whatever, she said, they have been “economizing” to reduce electricity consumption (mind you the UK has been getting some cold weather) so the furnaces are turned down and people are bundling up. She said they have a meter installed to let them know their power use and when she turns on the kettle (just a kettle), it goes red and indicates too much power use.

What was most shocking is that she was so blasé about the “new normal”. Just going along to get along.

gbflyer

WKR
I live in rural AK. We depend on propane. We have hydroelectric power however we have a larger number of environmentally woke individuals who cannot understand normal thinking. The electric cars and heat pumps are quickly tapping the hydro capacities and we’re burning plenty of diesel again.

I suspect this is a headline to pander to the base. All it will yield is a price increase.

JFK

WKR
Some towns in Ca have already banned gas in all new construction.

MattB

WKR
I don't have a gas grill.. so no ;)

But if they "have the power" to ban gas indoors then they certainly have the power to ban it outdoors because "we're in a climate crisis"
"A federal agency is reportedly considering a ban on gas stoves on the heels of rising concern about harmful indoor air pollutants emitted by the appliances. "

Yes, the climate crisis....

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
"A federal agency is reportedly considering a ban on gas stoves on the heels of rising concern about harmful indoor air pollutants emitted by the appliances. "

Man, you’d think they would finally outlaw alcohol. I mean…

Broomd

WKR
Somewhat related.... but if it weren't for a rogue judge in Spokane all newly-constructed buildings--homes, apts, condos, businesses, etc--would be prohibited from utilizing natural gas. That's right, probably the cleanest form of fossil fuels was deemed unlawful by the city board.
Gotta wonder how many of the local residents even know wth is going on in their own city!
I'm not big on judges legislating from the bench-hate it, but thankful that this lunacy was addressed. Washington's electric grid couldn't take the added strain, not to mention the insane cost of retrofitting everything.

Our country's vast fossil fuels are a natural resources gift. A pox on climate bullsh!tters.

You clearly have NO clue about some of the taxes other countries pay. To think that some climate Nazi won't try to come after propane grills is putting your head in the sand. Hell in the UK there is a recurring TV tax(think like a property tax)

MattB

WKR
You clearly have NO clue about some of the taxes other countries pay. To think that some climate Nazi won't try to come after propane grills is putting your head in the sand. Hell in the UK there is a recurring TV tax(think like a property tax)
What I do have a clue about is the reason this topic - the one we are actually discussing - is being considered. It isn’t climate-related.