Controlled Elk vs. Unlimited Deer

Was lucky enough to draw a non resident controlled Elk tag in Idaho and have been doing extensive e-scouting ahead of the hunt. I have two questions for more experienced Western hunters as this will be my first Elk hunt.

1. While the zones I am looking at have a capped number of Elk tags for this controlled hunt, some have simultaneous "unlimited" mule deer tags available. Should I steer clear of these zones entirely to avoid massive crowds on a controlled hunt, or would you be less concerned about deer hunters pressuring Elk?
2. I know it's not uncommon for mule deer and elk to share habitat, but is there specific habitat I should be looking for that would be more favorable to elk vice deer and therefore (ideally) less crowded?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you had to apply during the controlled hunt drawing period to get one of the unlimited tags. i believe it is not unlimited over the counter, but no limit during the controlled hunt drawing.

OP
cavalier14
Yeah that's the case I'm pretty sure. Looking at draw results from this year and harvest statistics from last year, it looks like they award close to 2,000 deer tags for the unit, and so my concern is although it's a fairly restrictive Elk hunt the unit may be crowded and pressured regardless.