Continuing optics search....

gearguywb

WKR
Sold my older Leica Geovid RF 10x42 binos and was looking for something a bit newer.

I would really like a new set of Zeiss 10x42 RF binos, but they price is prohibitive.

Next option....either the Swaro SLC 10x42 or Leica Ultravid HD's.

Option A: The SLC's in the 1500 range, and leica 2700 RF
Option B: Demo/used Leica Ultravid HD plus, +/- 1500 and the Leica 2700 RF.

Both options are going to be at very close to the same price.

My hold up at the moment is the Leica Ultravid are 8x42's. Plann on having these till I die. I had my previous Leica's for 18 years.

Used for hunting and long range shooting.

Thoughts?

Since the desire is to have this optic last for the rest of your life - do not compromise. To me, that’s always been a mistake that’s cost me more in the long run and more dissatisfaction & regret on the journey to where I wanted to be in the first place. Since you mentioned wanting something newer/better I would recommend either the Zeiss RF you mentioned or the brand new Leica Geovid 3200. Either would seem to be just the ticket.

Beendare

WKR
I've had the Leica GEO's........have the SLC in 10x, and have an older Leica RF.

My take;
No dog in this fight.
Its a toss up between the Leica Ultras and SLC's....the ultravids might even be a little better.

10x vs 8X....personal preference. FWIW, I typically choose my 8x Nikon EDG's over my 10x SLC's for most hunts due to being a little more stable viewing....and those EDG's are damn nice.

RF- The Leopold Oled RX units are top notch....I have both, and I wouldn't be afraid to choose that over the Leica....and it saves you $$.

_____